Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Default Lull/Soothe

How the frikkity frak does this even work?

I played a rogue on Live. Never tanked or messed around with any casters, so I figured I'd give a Paladin a chance. Been fun so far, but I can't figure this damn line of spells out.

At first, it was my understanding that if there was a group of 3 mobs, I'd lull two, pull the 1 who is un-lulled, and be able to single pull that way. Someone then mentioned that it only lessens the aggro radius, so it wouldn't work if those 3 were all up in each others kool-aid.

Yet, yesterday when I tried it on those 3 damn Ogre Shamans in West Karana, it didn't even pretend to do anything and all 3 just ran right at me.

Someone educate me. I'm old and stupid.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:44 PM
Banned

Is it possible you got resisted? Critical Lull resists will aggro the mob and all the mobs with whom it shares aggro.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible you got resisted? Critical Lull resists will aggro the mob and all the mobs with whom it shares aggro.
Definitely did not know that.

I don't recall seeing a resist message of any kind, but I'm sure it's possible. So a critical resist draws aggro, but a normal resist doesn't? Do you get an indication of some kind when/if it resists?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Banned

It does reduce the radius and if the three are close nit, patting or you pulled from another angle, you are ganna have a bad time.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely did not know that.

I don't recall seeing a resist message of any kind, but I'm sure it's possible. So a critical resist draws aggro, but a normal resist doesn't? Do you get an indication of some kind when/if it resists?
A resist has the chance to draw aggro, it's called a critical resist when it actually does aggro. For most classes, a resist means they're coming right after you. CHA affects the chance to get crit resists.

Also, lull/soothe don't have the greatest effect on frenzy/aggro radius. You might find yourself doing much better with calm at lvl 49, which has a great duration/aggro reduction. Pacify is nice too, but it only lasts 7 ticks.
Last edited by Crede; 03-13-2018 at 09:01 PM..
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does reduce the radius and if the three are close nit, patting or you pulled from another angle, you are ganna have a bad time.
Ok, so using the three ogre shamans as an example.

They're arranged in an acute triangle shape. Two are close together (A and B) and one is at the farthest point (C).

If I am standing in front of C, successfully Lull A and B without any resists, and pull C with an arrow - he should aggro without bringing A and B along with him? How large is the aggro radius when they're lulled?

If I stand on the other side in front of Ogre's A and B, and lull A and C - can I then pull B by himself, or will B aggro because he's too close? How close is too close?

Too much Gdamn math up in this bish.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:11 PM
Banned

You lost me.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Banned

If the mob you pull paths directly over a lull'd mob, the lull'd mob will often agro. And yes, Calm is when it gits gud
Old 03-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so using the three ogre shamans as an example.

They're arranged in an acute triangle shape. Two are close together (A and B) and one is at the farthest point (C).

If I am standing in front of C, successfully Lull A and B without any resists, and pull C with an arrow - he should aggro without bringing A and B along with him? How large is the aggro radius when they're lulled?

If I stand on the other side in front of Ogre's A and B, and lull A and C - can I then pull B by himself, or will B aggro because he's too close? How close is too close?

Too much Gdamn math up in this bish.
Yes basically you are correct. If the lull is successful you should see a message like “so and so looks ambivalent”. If not you’ll get a message that the spell was resisted. If it is resisted there is a chance agro will be drawn. In my experience with lull, radius hasn’t been an issue - if lull lands successfully the mob doesn’t agr even if close to other mobs.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd104 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes basically you are correct. If the lull is successful you should see a message like “so and so looks ambivalent”. If not you’ll get a message that the spell was resisted. If it is resisted there is a chance agro will be drawn. In my experience with lull, radius hasn’t been an issue - if lull lands successfully the mob doesn’t agr even if close to other mobs.
I don't think you get any kind of success message with the lull lines. It was meant to be a bit obscure. I don't ever recall seeing one with my enchanter.
Closed Thread