Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Default Any tips for selling items?

I don't get to auction my wares in EC tunnel often, but when I do, it usually results in about 30 mins of spamming followed by vendoring most items (I usually only have low/mid-level items, no big ticket stuff).

I'm very rarely successful in selling anything in EC unless I sell the items at 25%-30% of their normal value, and even then that's pretty rare too. Can anyone offer me any tips to help me move my items?

P.S. I'm a casual player, so I often don't have time to sit in EC tunnel for hours as I prefer to spend my available game time playing. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

If you are playing a gating/porting class, my usual path is to bind near where I want to end up, and start/end my sessions in EC for like 15-20 minutes. I’ll get a port to WC to vendor and sell, and then gate back to wherever I will be XPing the next day after I spent my 15-20 minutes doing the same at the beginning of the next play session.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

You can always auction in the zones you pass through or fight in. finding a buyer can take time, if you don't want to spend that time vendoring or selling to re-sellers at half price seems reasonable.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

just sell everything extremely cheap and enjoy the time you arent spending /auc ing in EC

sometimes I will mark my stuff 1-2k cheaper than the normal price just to move it, bc at the end of the day, your items are not that special...many people have the same things for sale and its all about tricking the next sucker into buying from you rather than other guy
Old 05-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrefax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I usually only have low/mid-level items, no big ticket stuff).
I think this is a big part of your problem. Because of this server's 8+ years and resulting inflated economy, a big chunk of characters are twinks who will never use what you're selling. Another big chunk might use what you're selling ... if a higher level character hadn't already given them something better. And another big chunk, the "fat cats" will buy what you're selling, but only at greatly reduced prices. Finally, yet another chunk could use what you're selling, but they're in ALS or otherwise want to earn it themselves

That leaves you with a relatively small percentage of the server that even might want what you have to sell. The percentage certainly does exist, but you just can't expect them to all be hanging out in EC right when you are selling, which is why I think you'll have to resign yourself to either spending more time in EC, or getting less plat for your goods.

My advice: don't get tricked in to worrying about loot at low levels at all, because it's a suckers game. Loot (with a few exceptions) does not make you level faster! All loot generally does is increase maxes, but it doesn't increase your DPS rate (key to melee leveling) or mana regen rate (key for casters). A good weapon and haste item do affect how fast melees level ... but only if you solo. In a group any one character's gear really barely impacts the group: even if you're a tank, whether you have an extra 100 AC or not just won't change how fast your group kills. However leveling does help you get loot noticeably faster.

So I say, get the minimal gear you need (for non-tanks this is more or less just whatever you loot as you level), and go get XP. Soon enough you will be higher level, and then you can make plat much more easily.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-15-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Find me in game. Fleamarkit. I normally don’t buy items worth under 500p but I’ll consider it to help a new player out.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is a big part of your problem. Because of this server's 8+ years and resulting inflated economy, a big chunk of characters are twinks who will never use what you're selling. Another big chunk might use what you're selling ... if a higher level character hadn't already given them something better. And another big chunk, the "fat cats" will buy what you're selling, but only at greatly reduced prices. Finally, yet another chunk could use what you're selling, but they're in ALS or otherwise want to earn it themselves

That leaves you with a relatively small percentage of the server that even might want what you have to sell. The percentage certainly does exist, but you just can't expect them to all be hanging out in EC right when you are selling, which is why I think you'll have to resign yourself to either spending more time in EC, or getting less plat for your goods.

My advice: don't get tricked in to worrying about loot at low levels at all, because it's a suckers game. Loot (with a few exceptions) does not make you level faster! All loot generally does is increase maxes, but it doesn't increase your mana regen rate, which is all casters care about. For melee characters your weapon and haste item do affect how fast you level. but mainly only if you solo. Otherwise, and especially if you group, gear really doesn't (even if you're a tank, whether you have an extra 100 AC or not just won't change how fast your group kills). However leveling does help you get loot noticeably faster.

So I say, get the minimal gear you need (for non-tanks this is more or less just whatever you loot as you level), and go get XP. Soon enough you will be higher level, and then you can make plat much more easily.
Wipe it clean.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Supply and Demand. Nobody wants low end gear. Sell what sells and vendor what doesn’t.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe it clean.
#wipeitclean
#waitforgreen

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make a forum post with your items in it and bump it everyday until you have sold off all your trash. Also consider looking at ahungry.com and see if anyone is WTB'ing what you are WTS'ing.

Other than that suck it up, shits classic
Closed Thread