Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Default Torpor slow effect

I've been searching thru old posts trying to find the answer with no luck.
Torpor is supposed to slow the target by 30%, does it also negate all haste effects?
100% haste and i backstab every 5sec, when torpor lands i backstab closer to 12sec.
Does anyone know the math behind the slow effect?
Old 12-17-2019, 07:29 PM
Kobold

all slow effects, not just torpor, negate haste.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Thanks, i was not aware of this
Old 12-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

This is why torpor cast on a raid main tank can absolutely destroy threat output. Negating haste alone is a gut punch but the 30% slow on top is the nail in the coffin. For group content where mobs die fast and heals are less frequently needed and mobs don’t hit hard it’s not a problem.

Most quality guilds build tank groups around a torpor shaman. This is a strong strategy as it allows the shaman to efficiently keep backup tanks healthy and helps patch and top off the rampage tank. The problem is when that torpor starts getting used on the main tank. A single torpor isn’t usually problematic but repeated casts hurt badly. With raid level dual wield white damage makes up more than 50% of total threat generated. With my Frostreaver white damage is 77% of total threat.

No raid appropriate weapon setup should result in threat loss unless people are being stupid. If the tank has a lead-off boost (either with time or an aggro click dump) they shouldn’t lose. With torpor casts, though, you go through 30 second spurts where the biggest portion of your threat is cut in half. Over the course of a several minute fight this can result in unexpected aggro loss that is most likely to take out your MOST important damage dealers.

TLDR: when it comes to the main tank, trust your cheal chain. If the chain is not sufficient on its own, clean up the chain and tighten it. If this is not possible, as the shaman in the group ... use less efficient patch heals as needed. The rest of the shamans/druids on the raid should be doing this already if heals on the tank are tenuous.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread