Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm lost here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Did all your pre-merge friends die/quit playing forever and all the new people u run into are tryin ta poke u in the butt?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Mrs. Vowels's analogy isn't quite spot on. Lol.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red was a great place to quarantine the toxic players for a while, but after a million "consider red" posts they moved on to lobby for teal&green to be combined so that it could create that toxic recipe they love so much, and they've been having a ton of fun burning the place down since the merge.

They hope that once green is mostly dead Rogean will do Red 2.0 so that they can burn that one down as well.

Boxing was classic, and high populations on vanilla content was classic; neither should be true on a 2020 emulation server for it to prosper, for pretty much the same reasons.

cheers,

Astuce
Can you please explain how they are immolating servers down? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Some folks are just exaggerating to make themselves feel better about their opinion on the matter in the face of criticism, imo.

I voted same fun either way. I enjoy the crowded, busy feeling of the world with 1 server; this feels more like what I remember of live eq (groups leveling in all sorts of zones, and many zones having multiple groups, primarily). I made plat and farmed gear for alts and found my preferred exp spots open more often with 2 servers. I'm happy to fully enjoy p99 regardless of what the staff decide to do with it. If I knew how to, I'd even dig for info from classic era that would support the argument for multiple servers here.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you tone deaf? Illiterate or what? Have comprehension problems or what?

YOU are the one that seems to want to force everyone to play the way you envision things not me. Your signature comment says it all....Bye. That's really a pretty immature way to look at things.

Let's be honest. Why exactly would anyone want to recreate something if they didn't want people to actually play it? That's a really good question to ask yourself sometime. I'm just asking a question. Do you want green to fizzle out and become like blue with half the population that green currently has? Is that your grand idea of magically recreating the EQ 1999 experience?

Three servers at this moment in time. Red has 16, Blue has 303, and green has 685. So with three servers two of them together don't even make up half of one server. Is that a good utilization of resources to you? Again I ask....why is there even a red server at this moment in time? Why not drop it and bring back teal? If the powers that be only have control over 3 servers....why would they want such skewed populations across them? That's not really good server load management.

Again going by the votes from this post it's 5 to 1 people had more fun pre-merge than post merge. Isn't that the actual point of any game is to have fun? Not pushing some cult like idea of how the game used to be 20 years ago.

Do you really want to say bye to everyone who just want things to be the way they were? Not really a great method to building a community.
Nilbog has apparently said in the past that he doesn’t care if like everyone leaves the server. He’s here to create classic EQ. Not pay for multiple servers to essentially create instancing so you can farm valuable drops on your Shaman lol. Like I said, plenty of servers have what you’re looking for so I’m not sure why you would play on this one when it doesn’t.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you please explain how they are immolating servers down? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s really interesting to me is how they won’t explain this. Probably because their issues are wanting to farm valuable items and only EXP in high ZEM zones...and they know the minute they admit that then they lose all legitimacy.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Here's the thing though guys. You're all patting yourselves on the back for how you just "won" ... the same tired old argument ... by teaming up a bunch of experienced forum goers against a single (clear) newbie.

I'll be the first to agree he sucked at arguing. So congrats, you successfully picked on the new guy ... but what did you actually accomplish?

Meanwhile, 136 other people (and counting) all said they're having less fun ... are you going to argue all them into believing what you believe too?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the thing though guys. You're all patting yourselves on the back for how you just "won" ... the same tired old argument ... by teaming up a bunch of experienced forum goers against a single (clear) newbie.

I'll be the first to agree he sucked at arguing. So congrats, you successfully picked on the new guy ... but what did you actually accomplish?

Meanwhile, 136 other people (and counting) all said they're having less fun ... are you going to argue all them into believing what you believe too?
....lol wut?
Old 02-08-2020, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're missing the point as much as anyone, Lor. Nobody is saying "you should have as much fun on green as you did on teal." They're saying "stop arguing for the staff to change their project to cater to your interests with lies and exaggerations and personal wishes."

If someone went and found / count all data from classic era that showed we have 5x as many level 40-50s at this point as they did on live, found as little as a few anecdotes of people regularly grouping on live in zones like kerra isle and runnyeye and zones like uguk and highkeep only having 15-20 people in them, crap like that? I would support having green AND teal as a "more classic" option. But nobody even tries to do that because they want what they want and they don't care what anyone else thinks, even if it's the people who do all the work here and graciously let us tag along for the ride. They'd rather bitch and moan or do nothing than put any actual thought or effort into swaying the people in charge.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-08-2020 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is saying "you should have as much fun on green as you did on teal." They're saying "stop arguing for the staff to change their project to cater to your interests with lies and exaggerations and personal wishes."
I disagree: they're saying both.

You and I have both been here a long time. We've seen MANY newcomers be confused about this place ... for instance wanting Luclin, or other things that will never happen.

Those newcomers are "fish in a barrell". They're easy to mock, because they're ignorant and wrong about most things.

But in our haste to "correct" the newbies, it doesn't stop at "this place is about classic, please respect that". It turns into a dogpile on those people when they express any idea, no matter how legitimate ... because again it's easy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone went and found / count all data from classic era ...
But this thread was NEVER about classic: y'all went and made it about that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It was about fun, and if classic is fun for you, great! But the moment you push "classic" as the only thing anyone can even talk about, you're NOT just talking about your own fun, you're pushing your definition of it on others.

And that's exactly my point. No one can even say "I like or don't like ___" without a bunch of people dogpiling on them for it ... especially if there's anything wrong with their "argument", but even if there isn't (if they're just a crappy "forum warrior").

We already have umpteen million threads of "seasoned forum warriors" arguing over what is or isn't classic (re: Green/Teal or anything else): we truly didn't need one more argument over it. And those arguments aren't just harmless: their cost is that they prevent any of us from hearing a whole lot of voices ... exactly the voices I was trying to let be heard in this poll.

So ultimately what I'm saying is, when you shout others down ... when you "forum warrior" them in to wishing they'd never said anything ... you silence them and anyone reading who might have thought of posting. A healthy amount of that happens here: it's certainly not all bad. But maybe it's not all good either, and maybe it's worth occasionally hearing from the people who aren't seasoned forum warriors?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-08-2020 at 12:57 PM..
Old 02-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
They create an atmosphere and context where only the min-maxing/neckbeard mentality can thrive. Anyone who dares to propose an alternate approach to playing EQ is flamed/trolled/rules-lawyered.

They see EQ as a King-of-the-Hill game; it's only fun if they're on top and keeping other people down.

We like to play EQ for the content, and we feel that p99's classic EQ is an amazing recreation of that content, unmatched anywhere. We feel that classic EQ was already time-consuming enough in the way it was designed, and on a fresh server with no twinks it was actually a lot of fun to tackle on that level-appropriate content on Teal.

Most of the trolls on this thread (and threads like this) who keep talking about going off the beaten path and creating your own groups and how they went to so-and-so zone and had no issue are all hypocrites who already have at least 1 minmax toon guised/manastoned/fullrubied.

On Teal's last night, it was a Saturday night and I was in a full group in the CY in Mistmoore. There were other groups camping CE, GY and the pond. 2-3 people were at the zone in with the lfg tag up. It was close to 30 people in zone total (or completely dead and in dire need of a merge according to the forum trolls).

Over the course of almost 3 hours (I was lucky the wife was out of town and had a lot of time to play), we were killing and having conversations and laughing, we also had a ranger so lots of ranger jokes, and we were able to get lucky and get some of the nameds. We killed Dhamph 2-3 times, Lasna once, Xicotl once (single pulled with a charmed garg taking the HT, it was beautiful), and Garton once too. An HBC and a diamondine earring dropped. The ranger got the earring, and one of the druids won the cloak. I walked away with less than a yellow of xp (lvl 40 hell and bard) and zero loot.

It was probably the most fun I had on EQ in years, and I remember telling the group how much I loved Teal and how perfect it was and how much that group was fun and how they were all on my friend list now and how I couldn't wait to play again.

So the next day Teal was gone. When I logged into MM, there were only a dozen people in zone. There was a trio at pond, a duo at GY, a lvl 50 mage camping dhamp, a lvl 50 chanter camping lasna/xicotl, a lvl 49 necro camping princess, and 2-3 other people /anon not responding to CC's or /tells.

I logged off and haven't logged back in since that day. I keep lurking the forums and I see the steady decline in population since the merge... like a fire slowly but surely consuming itself and becoming less and less bright.

I know it's going to be near-impossible for a min-maxer to understand how someone can have fun without winning any pixels, and then will jump at the chance to point out that when the pixels were no longer available to win I didn't want to play anymore so it must have been only about the pixels...

(this is already too long, sorry)

cheers,

Astuce
Closed Thread