Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 08:56 AM
Skeleton

Default Is the regurgitonic quest working as intended?

I've been handing in the flask of nitrates to Kimble Nogflop a lot. I get the "bad" version of the regurgitonic more than half the time (I use the Identify spell to tell). I just got the bad version 3 times in a row! I have gotten the good, normal version from time to time as well.

It seems we are getting the bad regurgitonic way too often. I don't ever remember getting the bad version back in the old days of EQ.

Do the P1999 Devs intend for us to get the bad version of the regurgitonic so often?

It's a heck of a lot of work to run the flask the nitrates from Surefall to Ak'Anon and then to Frostbite in West Karana to get that fish he swallowed.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

There is often someone killing corrupt guards or the barbarians nearby that you could probably ask to kill frostbite for you, if all else fails. They likely won't care about the faction, and it will only take a moment of their time.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:35 PM
Orc

It is working. Have a caster cast Identify on you as you hold the Regurgitonic. It will identify as the good or bad one. I got lucky on my second try.

The faction for Kimble Nogflop should be Gem Choppers as he directs you to do quests to raise your Gemchoppers faction. I maxed Gem Choppers and King Ak'Anon and he still wouldn't give me the Regurgitonic. (That was a a lot of Minotaurs. A lot.)

It seems he is on Merchants of Ak'Anon. After a few dozen Vasty Deep Ales to Shondo Billin in Erudin Palace and my Merchants of Ak'Anon faction was no longer apprehensive. He gave the Regurgitonic over without complaint.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

I like your name.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:32 AM
Skeleton

Thanks all for the replies.

I know the quest is "working", but I think the success rate is not right. Kimble Nogflop cons amiable to me and sometimes he gives me the good regurgitonic. I use the identify spell to check. It just seems wrong that I get the bad version of the regurgitonic so often. That can't be the way this quest was intended.

I know I can create a mule to kill the Koalindl fish in Qeynos and then log on my main to loot the corpse, but that seems so cheesy and is the opposite of role playing. I would like to do things the right way.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:40 AM
Orc

I hear you. It's a pain. Not sure on the intended rate of bad/good.

You can bind in Surefall and catch a port to GFay or Steamfont - might be the fastest way to "fix" the duds.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks all for the replies.

I know the quest is "working", but I think the success rate is not right. Kimble Nogflop cons amiable to me and sometimes he gives me the good regurgitonic. I use the identify spell to check. It just seems wrong that I get the bad version of the regurgitonic so often. That can't be the way this quest was intended.

I know I can create a mule to kill the Koalindl fish in Qeynos and then log on my main to loot the corpse, but that seems so cheesy and is the opposite of role playing. I would like to do things the right way.
I know it seems cheesy but this one instance you may want to reconsider Because those fish are one of the worst faction hits you can get. It's just not worth getting them on your real character.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Skeleton

Update: I finally got a "good" regurgitonic on my 5th try.

So the quest does work eventually, but I think they got the success rate wrong.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

For the fish just hit it with a dot and zone or /q come back and loot dead corpse without faction hit.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Grats on the lucky roll!

From a sample size of 5, it’s not possible to assess the success rate. It’s entirely possible it’s 50/50 and you got unlucky.

If there is a source of in-era info, such as a forum post or guide, that describes the success rate, the devs here would probably follow it if you post it.
Closed Thread