Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 04:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've only been on this server for one day and have had limited interactions, but they've all been good so far. Played for a few years on progression servers and I can already tell the community is better here, but even if it wasn't all you gotta do is find a guild makes friends and stick to em.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Orc

Some people just don't understand that if you join a community of retro nerds in a free gaming experience people will expect a level of politeness. There are lots of places to be mad though, feel free to explore them. Good Journeys.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Please send this to rnf already.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've been playing Green since day 1, I have done nothing but group since level 10 (Warrior, level 41 now) and I have a hard time understanding why I see so much complaining about the community.

Everyone I have grouped with has been nice, willing to answer my new player questions and patient to explain mechanics / show me what to do in different camps.

The community seems wonderful to me.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pelerin1182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing Green since day 1, I have done nothing but group since level 10 (Warrior, level 41 now) and I have a hard time understanding why I see so much complaining about the community.

Everyone I have grouped with has been nice, willing to answer my new player questions and patient to explain mechanics / show me what to do in different camps.

I think most of the complaints you see are probably BS complaints because they're being made by people who are upset that they can't immediately group in the most popular areas of the game and/or that the most popular cash/item camps are occupied and they have to wait their turn. As such, they say the community is "shitty" because there are people preventing them from doing what they want just by virtue of doing the same thing they want to do.

Just look at the two servers better than one thread in this forum. You have people in there saying that other people who happen to be killing mobs at the camps they want to do are min/maxing asshole neckbeards and that anyone who says they're not interested in those camps/high ZEM zones and just go off the beaten path are lying, disingenuous min/maxers who already have all the plat and loot they need. It's quite asinine.

Just ignore those comments when you read them.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pelerin1182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unfortunately, people are much more likely to come and complain about negative things they've experienced on the forum than talk about positives. Also, at least for me, people tend to be much more toxic on the forums compared ot how they actually conduct themselves in game. The forum shouldn't be taken as a complete reflection of how things actually are in the game.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The forum is flypaper to the complainers; where else are their complaints going to be preserved for eternity instead of scrolling out of the chat window to be lost forever?
Old 02-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Aviak

As someone whos been here for a long time I do have to admit, the culture of this community has shaped to cater the cry babies. People dont even try to solve problems on their own anymore.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone whos been here for a long time I do have to admit, the culture of this community has shaped to cater the cry babies. People dont even try to solve problems on their own anymore.
Agreed.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean they do, but even then people will still cry about it. Multi-spawn camp is occupied and someone tries to negotiate a compromise to split the mobs somehow between the two parties. The party that was originally there says no.

So then essentially one party has to petition in order to get it on record. That may be the party that was originally there crying about how the new party is stealing their mobs. Or that may be the new party putting the staff on notice that this person is refusing to comply by the camp rules.

Tough to say that the new party is the cry baby in that instance if the original party just dug their heels in and refused to compromise at all.
Closed Thread