Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an honest inquiry, since I find the notion pretty interesting.

This game has been around for 20ish years. Likely, most of us played back in the day, and liked the game so much that nostalgia drew us back here. But after Blue/Red being out for so long, and then the new servers dropped, I’ve known or heard of many of the same people from Blue/Red’s hardcore player base (the determined raiders, playing more than 6 hours a day, fighting tooth and nail to get repeated raid spawns etc.) restarted on Green/Teal, and did ALL THE SAME THINGS completely over again. I’m just trying to understand, how does one have the motivation to spend 6-10 hours a day (or more) doing on Green the exact same thing they previously did on Blue/Red such a very short time ago?

I guess I’m trying to understand because I don’t think I could find the motivation to do that again (I wasn’t a Blue player, this is just from talking to a lot of folks in-game and on forums). How do you get excited camping the same things over again for days on end?

I’m not judging!
This seems like a silly question.

Why does anyone like anything for an extended period of time? Some folks in real life have houses full of model railroads or rare stamps or old baseball cards that they just like to look at. Some folks switch from hobby to hobby every month. Some people reread their favorite books once a year for decades, while others never read the same book twice. It's just the difference in people looking to entertain themselves.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:21 AM
Large Rat

Because it's winter and the arthritis in my knees hurts too bad to play disc golf in the winter. So i stay inside and play with vidja games until the weather is nice again.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:33 AM
Aviak

I play this game why i feel nice wen i ding after alot effort, or wen i win a roll after lose alot ones before, or wen i get a nice converstion with other player, or when some one help me, non expecting a reward, and this kind of thinks happens in everquest, and are not happening in other games.
And being hardore are just a contition to play a game were you need 1 hour to reach lvl 2, and you can lose your pixels if you dead in a wrong location.

I have played alot other MMOs, and i no rember any dungeon name or item name, include boss names are fadding...

But i cant never forget this kind of names: Cloack of flames, lower guk, Lady Vox... Just a 3 examples of a so much large number of names that are in my heard forever.
Sycopata (Troll Warrior) 65 Clan Odisea -Solusek Ro
Last edited by sycopata666; 02-24-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Old 02-24-2020, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Ive only gotten more hardcore, but I think its because playing games like Rust taught me to grind like no other.
Closed Thread