Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Aviak

All the things Raclen said and more.

During classic 1.0 RoZ mob pathing didnt exist, combined with how strong charm was dungeon PvP was kind of ass. Every mage or charmed pet was sitting in a wall or floor attacking me for huge damage (melee damage still super high?) while I couldnt get LnS to CC IT. Training from frenzy to dead side ZL ? Not a chance on RoZ where it was pretty easy on red99. Once you hit the undead tower your entire train just sat inside the stair well attacking you through floors and walls.

When I came back a few weeks before velious pathing somehow got worse with all the mobs from most out door zones being clumped into static piles of 30+ mobs, never moving.

Is there still velious loot on classic mobs?

Is xp still ridiculously easy to get?

Is charm still broken?

Its going to suck for that "lonely" melee if he cant level up an enchanter and cleric to 50 in a few days and solo plane of hate mobs for resist jewelry

Can you still hit people high above you on the Z axis?

Target rings? AoN name plates? Awful item loot? People four boxing?

Actually

don't bother answering because im not going to play
Old 12-17-2019, 03:01 PM
Banned

I'd tell you to ask that in RoZ discord, but you're not going to read this

Simply my review of things after some pvp
Old 12-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Nice work nigron, wish i had more time to keep espn updates for roz

maybe after the holidays

Who’s “winning” ?
Old 12-17-2019, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Virg mcvirgin
Old 12-17-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the things Raclen said and more.

During classic 1.0 RoZ mob pathing didnt exist, combined with how strong charm was dungeon PvP was kind of ass. Every mage or charmed pet was sitting in a wall or floor attacking me for huge damage (melee damage still super high?) while I couldnt get LnS to CC IT. Training from frenzy to dead side ZL ? Not a chance on RoZ where it was pretty easy on red99. Once you hit the undead tower your entire train just sat inside the stair well attacking you through floors and walls.

When I came back a few weeks before velious pathing somehow got worse with all the mobs from most out door zones being clumped into static piles of 30+ mobs, never moving.

Is there still velious loot on classic mobs?

Is xp still ridiculously easy to get?

Is charm still broken?

Its going to suck for that "lonely" melee if he cant level up an enchanter and cleric to 50 in a few days and solo plane of hate mobs for resist jewelry

Can you still hit people high above you on the Z axis?

Target rings? AoN name plates? Awful item loot? People four boxing?

Actually

don't bother answering because im not going to play
Hi Salem pal - I miss playing with your presence. I'd like to address a few of your points if that's alright.

Our pathing is significantly improved though admittedly not perfect. We have gotten really good at addressing any issues with it, and we don't hear about it too often any more. We employ a navmesh system that actually stops mobs from pathing through walls and under the world when correctly implemented. While I personally prefer the problematic traditional node-based EQ pathing, Navmesh just makes more sense. And it should be noted that all servers have pathing issues. I was in LGuk live side on Green just recently and mobs were roaming through walls everywhere.

Fixing charm was something I completed in my first thirty days. Our implementation is quite classic, and while there are those that miss the days of full duration charm with 60 charisma, we are pleased to have corrected this powerful high risk / high reward mechanic. Charm has a sweet spot for effectiveness in terms of level disparity that scales through the levels, and the amount of Charisma required to give yourself the best chances of charm not breaking scales up with the level of the charm target. Tash, Malo, and other MR debuffs are appropriately effective tools for increasing charm's duration.

Mobs and players were limited to a specific Z-Range for melee attacks quite some time ago.

Pets require LOS to send on a player target, and pets independently aggro hostile NPCs; this has been the case for quite a while.

Our database is pretty clean and all the significant out-of-era loot has been corrected. We don't have 10 years of polish into it, but we've done a pretty bang up job in the time we've had.

Our melee damage is fully perfect and classic with some slight modifications for balance in Vanilla currently on 2.0 - pure melees get a significant hit rate boost, hybrids get a small hit rate boost, and both melees and hybrids attacking targets with lower defense skill get a further boost to hit rate. I personally handcrafted our melee system using the data acquired by Torven that I find to be extremely reliable. Come Kunark and Velious we will once again address these buffs in the name of balance.

We're not offering the same product R99 is, nor are we trying to. Rise of Zek is for the more hardcore-oriented player looking for a true sandbox experience. You're not getting banned for rooting a bard. We embrace making minor changes for pvp balance and to increase variety. We are attempting to create the sort of PVP server we'd enjoy playing on, so if you'd like to play, we'd love to have you, but even if no one played on our box, we'd still continue to work on it.

Best wishes, friend.

Your Pal,
Jeremy
Old 12-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

I just don’t think there is enough new targets to entice anyone to play your custom shit box. And you can’t get new players. Same old shit heads that no one misses playing with.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don’t think there is enough new targets to entice anyone to play your custom shit box. And you can’t get new players. Same old shit heads that no one misses playing with.
We have a bunch of new players.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

I'm one of those new players enjoying myself.

I would like to see an end to hot zones. Or please for the love of it ALL do not give the neck beards a hot zone post 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 12-17-2019, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

No one shall prey upon me.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

I pray for the delusional all the time.
Closed Thread