Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Do pets benefit from armour?

I’ve heard some people say they were reasonably sure this was the case (chanters giving their pets a - mr gear) but they couldn’t swear to it.

Does anyone have any evidence that this is or isn’t the case?

Would giving my mage pet a suit of banded increase his ac by a bunch?
Old 02-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Possibly might notice on level 1-4 pets. But I wasted a bunch of money giving my pet a full suit of plate and had no effect.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Pets can wear armor, and aren’t subject to any race/class/deity restrictions. They have every slot you have, except they can only wear one earring/ring/bracer. AFAIK AC doesn’t help them, but they do get the stat bonuses. I doubt (don’t know) that attribute stat (STR/STA/etc) bonuses do anything, but the resists should work. Worn haste definitely works, I’m sure some rich psychotic enchanter has gone around giving pets FBSSs, but the obvious pet haste item is Muzzle of Mardu.

Pets also have very large inventories. I’m not sure how big it is or if it has a limited number of slots, but you can definitely charm a pet and just dump piles of FS weapons and other loot onto it, and at the end you can kill the pet and loot it all back. Pets can’t hold stacks of items (it won’t let you give stacks anyways) and they won’t hold coin (it’ll just poof).

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 02-18-2020 at 04:33 PM..
Old 02-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Banned

Phantom plate
Old 02-18-2020, 06:01 PM
Orc

Not only do resist gear work on pets, but haste items work as well (hence muzzle of mardu). AC is more difficult to demonstrate.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:31 AM
Kobold

I don't have any concrete evidence, but my lvl 12 fire pet seemed to do a lot better after dumping a bunch of leather armor on him. At the beginning of a night his health goes down pretty fast and I'd have to use nukes a fair amount, but as the night wears on and his suit of leather was completed he seemed to tank a lot better.

This was doing orcs and I was there for a couple hours a night for about a week and each night was the same so I don't think it was a fluke.

But then it is a level 12 pet so I don't know if it is noticable at higher levels.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets can wear armor, and aren’t subject to any race/class/deity restrictions. They have every slot you have, except they can only wear one earring/ring/bracer. AFAIK AC doesn’t help them, but they do get the stat bonuses. I doubt (don’t know) that attribute stat (STR/STA/etc) bonuses do anything, but the resists should work. Worn haste definitely works, I’m sure some rich psychotic enchanter has gone around giving pets FBSSs, but the obvious pet haste item is Muzzle of Mardu.

Pets also have very large inventories. I’m not sure how big it is or if it has a limited number of slots, but you can definitely charm a pet and just dump piles of FS weapons and other loot onto it, and at the end you can kill the pet and loot it all back. Pets can’t hold stacks of items (it won’t let you give stacks anyways) and they won’t hold coin (it’ll just poof).
Omg. I didn’t realize about the loot mule. Genius.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

I always give my pet any banded or bronze that drops. I think it makes a difference.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have every slot you have, except they can only wear one earring/ring/bracer.
This was previously tested on Blue. Assuming Green is like Blue regarding Pet equips then two rings can be given to a pet.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...4&postcount=29

--> Credit for discovery on p99 - Tecmos (2014)
Old 02-19-2020, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t have empirical data but giving my pet a full set of crusty on blue made a noticeable difference. Someone with a lot of time on their hands could summon a lvl 29 pet and test on the 2min spawn hermit in Sk
Closed Thread