Aviak

Dont forget about this PLEASE.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

silly rabbit, Trixx are for kids ^
Old 01-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There must be original EQ devs still around on linkedin. If any players know their names, maybe they can dig up something to verify?
This made me laugh but only in my head my face remained stoic.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

this is a travesty
Old 01-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Aviak

So if i can re-summarize the bug:

Items that have actual % haste listed in description such as FBSS (21% haste) are affecting the cool downs of skills like Backstab, Kick, Flying Kick etc.

Items that don't have it's haste % listed such as Ragebringer with it's "Seething Fury", is not affecting cool downs of skills like Backstab, Kick, Flying Kick etc.

This is causing people to wear two different kinds of haste when they normally wouldn't. Ex. Rogue wearing Cloak of Flames and Ragebringer to augment normal melee and backstab.

The other question is whether or not worn haste augmented skill cool downs as well (I believe someone pointed to some allakhazam thread of someone mentioning it).

Regardless if its supposed to augment cooldowns, the way worn haste works on a [cloak of flames] vs. a [ragebringer or swiftwind] is different, and a side-effect of setting real percentages on items vs. setting it through its "worn effect" like Seething Fury.

Did I miss anything? I was thinking about compiling a post with the evidence and the problems laid out clearly. This might help devs pinpoint and tackle this problem. If anyone would like to contribute or take charge of this, that would be great as well!

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah^ This is no weave of complex mysteries, and no need for more "compiling of evidence" as subject matter is as clear as day by now.

Rogues[Ragebringer]and rangers[Swiftwind, I guess Tolans Sword also] are the ones affected by this, Rogues in particular(because of backstab being an important dps factor, way more than Kick and Archery).

There are several posts displaying evidence that Ragebringer cut down refresh timer on Backstab button(as any other haste).

Everyone who plays this game knows Haste cut down refresh timer on Action Abilities.

Its obviously a bug, but for some reason they are reluctant to fix it. <-- This is the true mystery.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

To be fair to the devs, I think there's just a dearth of time/ambition to pick these issues up and debug/code a fix for them. I used to suspect conspiracy theories but they've shown a lot of will to fix some longstanding endgame issues lately. It's just to find a dev with some spare cycles.
Last edited by Dolalin; 01-25-2017 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Kobold

The last time a dev replied to this thread was over 6 months ago. It'd be nice to get some form of confirmation that this is a known bug.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:12 PM
Aviak

This was mentioned before, but a simple fix would be to remove the worn effect like ragebringers seething fury, and add each stat of the effect piecemeal.

Seething Fury turns into 40% Haste, 40atk, 9? AC. Etc.

Seems like the only thing to do is to wait on developer response for any updates/confirmation or if they need anything from the community.

I will continue to bump for as long as Trump is president.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Large Rat

Can any of the staff/dev team give any comment or updates on this?

Thanks.
Closed Thread