Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Default Enchanter Leveling

So I’m a level 52 enchanter and I’ve been trying to level to 60. Does anyone have any tips to help make it faster? Should I just duo or stay solo? I’ve been leveling in Howling Stones. Should I stay here till 60? Or are there other zones that would be better?
Old 05-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I’m a level 52 enchanter and I’ve been trying to level to 60. Does anyone have any tips to help make it faster? Should I just duo or stay solo? I’ve been leveling in Howling Stones. Should I stay here till 60? Or are there other zones that would be better?
You are still a touch low for HS, though entrance is probably doable. At 52/53 I was spending most of my time in The Hole, KC, or the upper levels of CoM depending on what kind of experience I wanted. I moved to HS full time at 54 and have pretty much stayed there til now (59). It’s an amazing zone and once you learn how to deal with the things that will insta-gib you, it’s a lot of fun. Plus ToT on like 3/4 of the mobs in there means that mana is rarely the factor limiting you from leveling. I plan to stay in HS into 60 - in part because I am close and I now know North and West so well that it would cost me more time to learn another zone as well as I now know HS.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Aviak

So you recommend I stay at The Hole till 54? I was there for a little bit camping the ent. When I moved further in I kept getting ganked by the pathing rock golem.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you recommend I stay at The Hole till 54? I was there for a little bit camping the ent. When I moved further in I kept getting ganked by the pathing rock golem.
I think Hole ent is viable, or form a PUG with some friends and go deeper. I was able to do some KC Hands in that area, but was not a huge fan of the feel of KC. Finally, I spent some time on the 2nd floor (mostly solo) or 3rd floor (always duo) of CoM. All are solid options in the early 50s.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Aviak

I really don’t like groups. Xp just seems a lot slower. You always have to depend on the group for everything to go smoothly. People go afk, xp slows down. People are higher level then you, you get lower xp. Puller slacks off, slow xp. I like not having to worry about others, and to be able to afk if I need to. I would duo only if it’s another enchanter or a cleric.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=146423
Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

This might not be applicable anymore, some people have said the massive ZEM has been nerfed for Kedge, I haven't tried it personally. When I was leveling around 52 a while ago the Mermaids were awesome xp and they pretty frequently dropped 100pp+ vendor gems. They are always rangers so you can Theft of Thought/Wandering Mind all of em.

I mostly did the two rooms with 3 spawn + 1 roamer and 2 spawn and the 2 that pop above Estrella's room. Side benefit is you're right under the "safe room" where you can afk for hours if needed. They were never camped, not once in multiple levels did I have to wait on someone. The one annoyance was the 10hp AOE fish when you sit to med, but you can Mez blur them easily.

HS Entrance doesn't really give you the full HS Enchanter leveling experience since only the roamers even have a chance to spawn as mobs that can be ToT'd. I love HS, but I was never a fan of xping at Entrance.

Kedge(if not nerfed into the ground) to 54/55-->North to 57/58-->West to 60
Old 05-12-2018, 12:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This might not be applicable anymore, some people have said the massive ZEM has been nerfed for Kedge, I haven't tried it personally. When I was leveling around 52 a while ago the Mermaids were awesome xp and they pretty frequently dropped 100pp+ vendor gems. They are always rangers so you can Theft of Thought/Wandering Mind all of em.

I mostly did the two rooms with 3 spawn + 1 roamer and 2 spawn and the 2 that pop above Estrella's room. Side benefit is you're right under the "safe room" where you can afk for hours if needed. They were never camped, not once in multiple levels did I have to wait on someone. The one annoyance was the 10hp AOE fish when you sit to med, but you can Mez blur them easily.

HS Entrance doesn't really give you the full HS Enchanter leveling experience since only the roamers even have a chance to spawn as mobs that can be ToT'd. I love HS, but I was never a fan of xping at Entrance.

Kedge(if not nerfed into the ground) to 54/55-->North to 57/58-->West to 60
Awesome thanks for the info. I always wanted to try kedge I heard the xp was crazy but I was always nervous about the water and pathing
Old 05-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Pathing is a little screwy, not sure its been fixed since the days of Hathaway messing with mobs to do Phinny solo but its worth a go - just be careful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pathing is a little screwy, not sure its been fixed since the days of Hathaway messing with mobs to do Phinny solo but its worth a go - just be careful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve watched some of his things. Was he really able to kill phinny?
Closed Thread