Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Aviak

my girlfriend plays this on her imac using paralells and it works fine. sounds shitty. go bootcamp

and yeah, EQ does run like a charm on windows 7
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gaming on Parallels is a massive struggle, even if you do get your video card working with it you won't get anything near the performance you'd expect. Even when I had a MacBook Pro with 8GB of Ram and 512MB Video Card, TF2/League of Legends both ran like shit as compared to native Windows or Bootcamp.

I also tried some VMWare (CrossOverGames is the one I remember but I tried several others) and those ran even worse than parallels.

I thunk your best bet is Boot Camp-

PS EQ on Windows 7 runs like a charm
If I can't get this Parallel shits working, I guess I will have to just deal with BootCamp again.. I do have an iMac though which typically runs a bit better than the laptops.

WOW wasted my MBP but my iMac took it like a man on highest graphics so I'm crossing my fingers it can AT LEAST handle EQ on Parallels :/ although I definitely am not rocking 8 gigs of RAM like you.

I'm just reluctant to have to boot out of OSX. I really like being able to multi task, as both of my characters are casters that I solo with and have the whole downtime thing. Was nice to be able to mess around on my iMac while I was medding on the Macbook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my girlfriend plays this on her imac using paralells and it works fine. sounds shitty. go bootcamp

and yeah, EQ does run like a charm on windows 7
Spam sorry. Do you know if your girlfriend needed to install additional drivers for her graphics card once she installed Parallels?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Aviak

no we didn't, but her gpu is a geforce gt 120

try messing with the display properties > settings > advanced > trouble shoot > hardware acceleration slider and also see if write combining is enabled

then reinstall directx and use 8.1 instead of 9c if you weren't before

then you might be able to click the D3D acceleration button in the DirectX control panel

if that doesnt work then, uh, try windows 7...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no we didn't, but her gpu is a geforce gt 120

try messing with the display properties > settings > advanced > trouble shoot > hardware acceleration slider and also see if write combining is enabled

then reinstall directx and use 8.1 instead of 9c if you weren't before

then you might be able to click the D3D acceleration button in the DirectX control panel

if that doesnt work then, uh, try windows 7...
Maybe it just hates Radeon. My MBP had an Nvidia and it was fine. Even let me install drivers for it.

3D acceleration slider is already at maxed. I'm using Direct X 8 or 8.1. FFFFUUU

I actually keep all my EQ installer junk on a USB drive so I can't possibly screw up so everything I've installed has been the same as when I installed it on Bootcamp.

God just doesn't want me to enjoy this nostalgic childhood experience, basically.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Aviak

Okay update.. I got it working.

For anyone with this issue in the future, you need to turn off the virtual machine and go screw around with the 3D Acceleration option in the configure menu under "Video". It may already be checked but just unchecking and re-checking it fixed the problem and turned DirectX's 3D Acceleration availability on.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Banned

I would recommend installing the parallel drivers for your devices for better functionality as well.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Orc

I just use a Nvidia 3D Vision system and this workd correctly on eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]