Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar posted this in the original thread.

So a developer has spoken. So it is written, so it shall be done.
Have you met these intelligent individuals? I expect half of them to tell Haynar and Rogean that it is just their "opinion", and there is still nothing wrong with it.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

*wink*
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once a corpse opens up its free for all, deal with it kids.
Quoted for blatant being wrong

/Haynar'd

edit: oh forgot: deal with it kidz
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VT is killed every week.
VT drops a book for enchanter epic.

Severilous is killed every week.
Severilous drops green scales for the warrior epic.

When Severilous spawns, do you think any guild asks the random warrior in zone if he was camping it before they call in their raid force?

The answer is no. This server is the way it is. It will not change. Join a guild that fights for FTE for mobs for their members or don't.

Rules for looting is completely separate. If you kill the mob (with proper FTE) you own the loot rights, end of discussion. Only a petition to a GM can change that fact.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...619#post489619

in that link, Rogaen specifically states the difference between raiding and ninja looting having nothing to do with each other. Raid disputes is a raid policy discussion. Ninja looting is a server rule and if broken is punishable for that individual.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=19

Xasten's confirmation of the rulings with no further disputes.

Anyways, deadlycupcakes keeps trying to bring up things like morals, even-steven, or two wrongs type arguments. Doesn't matter on this server. There are rules. If caught abusing said rules there are consequences.

It doesn't matter that BDA assembled a force and engaged first in legit fashion. The server rules support this. What matters is that the ninja looter did violate a server rule, and that rule violation was caught and there were repurcussions.

The exact same thing would happen to anyone looting anything that they did not kill. Lowered expectations for smaller scenarios would come into question for punishments (like I doubt a gm is gonna ban a newb for lootin a rusty spear off a decaying skeleton corpse when the corpse opens, but action will be taken on lvl 60 mob corpses).

good to know that a small handful of people that play actually read the rules and regulations for the project
Old 05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Fadetree, I'd like to apologize to you. I was afraid your opinion would be taken as fact by people reading this thread, and I wanted to clear it up that's absolutely not going to be tolerated on this server. By staff or players. Disagree at your own risk.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an idiot.

(This was my 1000th post, since RnF doesn't count. Seems fine)
Welcome brother!

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 05-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fadetree, I'd like to apologize to you. I was afraid your opinion would be taken as fact by people reading this thread, and I wanted to clear it up that's absolutely not going to be tolerated on this server. By staff or players. Disagree at your own risk.
Np, man, accepted. There was a lot of emotion coming from the other thread that I just got run over by. I was trying to make a technical point about my own opinion, but in the exact wrong place and time. Just to clear things up, I do not support nor would I do anything like grabbing a ground swap and scooting or something from an unattended corpse that had any value.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Aviak

1 2 3... 12 pages of people deciding on whether to be a douche bag or not?

A person takes the time to camp/kill a mob for loot, switch to an alt to grab the item and it's debatable on whether someone else other than the intended person by the original camper would NOT be at fault to loot the item?

Really? Really...

You know they dealt with this by chopping off hands and feet back in he day.

The thought should not even enter the mind of the offending looter. I use offending because it is an offense to believe the item belonged to the offender in the first place.

If you really can't see the difference between a rusty scimitar and a ring of the ancients then you need to grow up and have more responsibility.

This isn't a court of law, there are no precedents that will be laid out, this is a moral court of the obvious. You OBVIOUSLY should NOT take stuff that does NOT belong to you. Do the work and earn the crap. Don't be a douche.

Quick someone make that guild tag. "Don't Be a Douche".

Threads like these make me shake my head. The OP's question is fine but to take it to this level.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

IDK what sort of shitty forum settings you guys are using but I see 8 pages

get on my level
Old 05-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK what sort of shitty forum settings you guys are using but I see 8 pages

get on my level
Tell me your secrets oh wise one!
But seriously User CP options only gives up to 10 post a page and i'm still at page 15. I need my forumquesting stepped up.