Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Serious Q, has the mage pet nerf left mages unable to do content they previously were able to do?
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-09-2021, 11:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious Q, has the mage pet nerf left mages unable to do content they previously were able to do?
me think this was more about nerfing AFK leveling than making shit classic. why it was done on such thin "evidence".

either way i don't really care. Game is fun to play if you are going to just play. but to try running for end game on a rigged game. pretty stupid.

Enjoying just playing to play atm. end game is non existant though since they carved out 33% of the loot. There already isnt enough loot for a top guild. let alone making 33% of it not obtainable.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and yet it is the least played class. and least desired class in groups.
Lol what? Every group would take a mage
Old 05-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use to take on Basher Nanrum in Grobb for a fun challenge now and then. It required a equipped 54 water pet with burnout and DS plus nuking as hard as possible. Once in awhile (maybe 1 in 10) I'd have to zone due to a bad series of hits on my pet. I'm now 0 for 7 using the same tactics.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use to take on Basher Nanrum in Grobb for a fun challenge now and then. It required a equipped 54 water pet with burnout and DS plus nuking as hard as possible. Once in awhile (maybe 1 in 10) I'd have to zone due to a bad series of hits on my pet. I'm now 0 for 7 using the same tactics.
Because lots of the Bashers had abnormally low HP. This was fixed.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Banned

oh no i can't afk solo mobs anymore
(LOL)
Old 05-10-2021, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because lots of the Bashers had abnormally low HP. This was fixed.
Basher Nanrum was an exception. Before he was a difficult fight, now I can't beat him. Maybe when I hit 60 with the Greater Vocerate: Water pet I can take him. He's always had 15k HP and hits like a truck.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Basher_Nanrum
Old 05-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basher Nanrum was an exception. Before he was a difficult fight, now I can't beat him. Maybe when I hit 60 with the Greater Vocerate: Water pet I can take him. He's always had 15k HP and hits like a truck.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Basher_Nanrum
They also changed Nanrum's level. Before he was underpowered mob of the same level as most of the Grobb guards (they fall in to two level groups: only blue until 50, and blue from 51-52; Nanrum was in the latter group).

When I visited him post patch he was now blue to me ... a level 54 (at the time). So he's gained at least two levels since you last fought him, maybe more.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also changed Nanrum's level. Before he was underpowered mob of the same level as most of the Grobb guards (they fall in to two level groups: only blue until 50, and blue from 51-52; Nanrum was in the latter group).

When I visited him post patch he was now blue to me ... a level 54 (at the time). So he's gained at least two levels since you last fought him, maybe more.
Nanrum has always been blue higher level. My level 54 water pet could take 4 normal guards unassisted before. Same pet at full health against pre-patch Nanrum would be a challenging fight. I've farmed Grobb for several levels. Most of the guards are very easy. Nanrum has never been easy. Guild masters have been impossible.

Now I can still take 4 regular guards but requires some nuking. Nanrum is now impossible. I'm tempted to make a set of banded armor for my pet to see if that helps against Nanrum.

Bottom line, the level 50+ pets have taken a pretty significant hit.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nanrum has always been blue higher level. My level 54 water pet could take 4 normal guards unassisted before. Same pet at full health against pre-patch Nanrum would be a challenging fight. I've farmed Grobb for several levels. Most of the guards are very easy. Nanrum has never been easy. Guild masters have been impossible.

Now I can still take 4 regular guards but requires some nuking. Nanrum is now impossible. I'm tempted to make a set of banded armor for my pet to see if that helps against Nanrum.

Bottom line, the level 50+ pets have taken a pretty significant hit.
Hmmm ... I thought he was always the same level as the other guards, just overpowered and with way more hit points ... but the wiki (https://wiki.project1999.com/Basher_Nanrum) suggests he's always been a few levels higher, so I must have misremembered that. I guess his level didn't change (although we'd need a level 45 to con him to be sure)?

In any case, he is a quest NPC (https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Job_for_Nanrum), and key NPCs (quest NPCs, guards of newbie areas, etc.) were often made more powerful, to ensure that they stayed alive for players to use them.

Thus, it's not a bug that he's more powerful than the others ... but the bottom line (that Mage pets are far weaker now) remains true regardless.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread