Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rangers are pretty dangerous to. I mean they aren't top 1v1 but they can Definitely getchu in a lot of different scenarios. Pretty versatile. Wood elf obviously.

Dru is runner up there cuz they can port to look for prey, but not that good. Wood elf again.
I have Druid to port AWAY from 'prey' lol and to deliver stuff to my Necro.
Ranger will be my next... I like tracking and SoW on Druid. Ranger tick these boxes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So Ogre SK is a badass. And Rogues. Good to know. And yes, also everyone that is twinked, which mean just about everyone but me lmao. Staying at low levels makes for nice PvE play. I may never go above 50, will see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2021, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on level and gear access.
Best class and race is the one you want to be. Look for a video of beastagor and you will see an iksar SK in mid grade gear decimate a full group in seb thanks to lethal intent, situational awareness, skill, and tactics. Maybe it was his class and race combo? Good players on any class race combo can take out bad players no matter what combo.
Beastagor was a legend. That man gave multiple groups of mine so much grief in Plane of Mischief and I'm not sure I ever saw him killed.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maximum velious, Ogre Warrior Ogre SK Iksar Monk Barb Rogue Any race (no substantial difference) ranger any race (no substantial difference) paladin.

Right now on Red with damage bonus for range items a large warrior or SK is best because they can hit for over 100 reliably with a bow and arrow when weighted axe is equipped check the bug forum. Rangers also are OP right now for this reason. They can’t get weighted axe damage bonus but still get super bow and arrow damage.
I have few sub questions, I've just read those bug posts. Which weighted axe are we talking about, the one that drops off Fores Giants? My Iksar has one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Huge damage but huge delay:

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Weighted_Axe

Or much better Velium one? (do you happen to know how much it sells for on Red?)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Weighted_Velium_Battle_Axe

Now that I've read that Apex has a 'problem' with this 'bug/feature' and that it mainly hurts them since only they are complaining, I'm starting to become curious and interested [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(That poor player, that was keep being attacked over and over by 3 Apex players, some 10-15 kills in about 20-30 minutes several weeks ago, never logged back again, they drove him/her away. Someone from Apex even bragged about this, how they got rid of a weak player)

So, if this combo drives Apex crazy, I'm starting to be interested lol

Can you tell me more, please? Which bow you need, any kind? At what level can you start to carry this combo? Sorry for maybe a dumb questions, but I've only played casters so far and i'm relatively new to the game. P99 is my first EQ game. I have characters on all three servers but highest only in 30's, so everything is really new to me.

Why you prefer SK Ogre over SK Troll in PvP? Because of better stats, or racials or that front stun immunity...? As solo player I would lean toward Troll's regen unless Ogres is much better PvP wise? Both, SK Ogre & SK Troll can use this Weighted Axe & Bow combo, right?

Feel free to add anything important I may also need to know about this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gosh! Now I will have to create two new characters instead of one. It will take me few years to see high levels lol We may see Red 2.0 before I peak over 50 ;-)
Last edited by pivo; 02-24-2021 at 11:37 AM..
Old 02-24-2021, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have few sub questions, I've just read those bug posts. Which weighted axe are we talking about, the one that drops off Fores Giants? My Iksar has one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Huge damage but huge delay:

Or much better Velium one? (do you happen to know how much it sells for on Red?)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Weighted_Velium_Battle_Axe
OK I've read few more posts, looks like it is this one:

Old 02-24-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone recently mentioned Shaman & Troll as best PvP combination.

Now I'm curious. Is this consensus opinion here?
What is best PvP combination?
so we talking race/class for PVP?

PVP Racials:

1.) Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity is the best racial for any shaman in PVP, the troll regen is much less likely to save your life than a interrupted spell, Plus large race bash with 2handers pre epic.

2.) Iksar Regen for monk class since monks have some passive regen gains and can sometimes skirmish in high risk areas of dungeons where they can flop away, the regen is notable and obviously paired with a fungi makes them the superior monk race, but I always played human.

Outside of the above 2, troll regen is nice in specific DoT skirmish scenarios, but isnt going to hold up against the beatdown of a disc melee especially if getting interrupted/no torpor.

Other racials are inconsequential excluding low level play as humans being absolutely crippled without gear/spells to offset nightvision loss, especially brutal for a human melee class without some sort of vision enhancing gear.

Gnome racials - irrelevant
Dwarf - barrel roll for jousting can be distracting for opponent(played dwarf rogue in botb on prior servers)
half-elf - nothing
high elf - nothing
erudite - nothing, high int score....
barbarian - boulder throwing cheese for rogue class

Guess any large race is top tier if you farm boulders.

I think getting sweaty over races has always been a non-factor for the most part.
Xantille was legendary as a wood elf warrior, would he have been better as an ogre? Maybe, but wood elves are smaller hitboxes in jousting, and he was really good.

At the end of the day I played human ranger/wizard, human monk/barb shaman, and lots of other weird non-optimized racial combos and did fine, preparing your clickies, consumables, and having a good feel for your latency and your opponents in duels/jousts, and knowing zones inside and out and how to LoS/Ambush/Fight around terrain + mobs and fully understanding you and your opponents spells/abilities BEFORE you end up in PVP and having an escape plan for ambushes/overwhelming odds, these are the things that make you top tier in PVP, at least until guilds vs guilds, where it turns into who has the better bard groups and main assist.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

2 wizards vs some group that is oblivious and grinding exp.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so we talking race/class for PVP?
PVP Racials:

1.) Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity is the best racial for any shaman in PVP, the troll regen is much less likely to save your life than a interrupted spell, Plus large race bash with 2handers pre epic.
Yes, this is a good point. In PvP Frontal Stun Immunity can save you, Troll's regen is better at leveling. I'm assuming the same is for SK Ogre v SK Troll. Now I'm torn apart, since I will not be doing any PvP, well at least that's my goal. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] On a second thought, SK don't have gate, how in the world I will be able to flee/avoid PvP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think getting sweaty over races has always been a non-factor for the most part.

... and knowing zones inside and out and how to LoS/Ambush/Fight around terrain + mobs and fully understanding you and your opponents spells/abilities BEFORE you end up in PVP...
Yep, you are right. I don't even know characters I'm playing. I'm not the best fit for PvP server, I better stick with classes that can use SoW & Gate spell[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

You learn the skills he mentioned by being situationally aware of the game when playing a PVP server. It comes naturally because those factors actually matter on PVP and don't make a difference at all on PVE.

Thats why PVP everquest is so much better despite any of its drawbacks. The game is richer, more aspects of the game are important. After playing PVP, playing PVE feels shallow. Not everyone is going to be the best PVP combat player but anyone can enjoy a game that is more interesting.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The OP was actually asking what single class + race combination is the best
Oh oops lol

Gnome wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2021, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 wizards vs some group that is oblivious and grinding exp.
Closed Thread