Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 03:14 PM
Banned

I've read Kingdom guild chat for very long sessions. Nonstop trashing ST/DMO, most of it made up
Old 02-11-2021, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
things like naming characters Oprah and Kanye
What is wrong with this? I need someone to enlighten me. When did Oprah became a racist name?
Old 02-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Banned

There's no Oprah in our guild or Kanye. Never was.
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problematic
Everyone that says this word sucks, and everything they say is immediately invalidated.

Thanks.
Aviak

y'all bunch of clowns
Old 02-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is wrong with this? I need someone to enlighten me. When did Oprah became a racist name?
theyre using the names of famous black people to establish an association between everquest characters with dark skin and irl human black identity, to set themselves up for minstrel show jokes.

its not even a high lvl meme, pfretty standard stuff, surprised you havent seen it before
Old 02-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2021, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theyre using the names of famous black people to establish an association between everquest characters with dark skin and irl human black identity, to set themselves up for minstrel show jokes.

its not even a high lvl meme, pfretty standard stuff, surprised you havent seen it before
What's wrong with Ramal Modo? Oh wait, its Lamar Odom backwards. Here is a sneak peak at Lamar Odoms life straight from Wikipedia.

On October 13, 2015, Odom was hospitalized after being discovered unconscious at the Love Ranch, a legal brothel in Crystal, Nevada.[110][111] Odom visited the ranch seeking the company of transvestites Cherry Ryder and Madison Montag.[112] Odom, who had used cocaine in the days prior to his medical emergency, suffered kidney failure and several heart attacks and 12 strokes; he became comatose and was placed on life support in a hospital in Las Vegas before regaining consciousness.[110][113] He was transferred from Las Vegas to a Los Angeles hospital by medical transport.[114] In the aftermath of the incident, Kardashian withdrew her request for a divorce;[109] she stated that she had not reconciled with Odom, but wished to assist him in making medical decisions during his recovery.[115]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-11-2021, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can you please give example of such jokes with maybe a screnshot or at least some log text? I've been reading about the existence of these jokes or otherwise inappropriate behavior, but haven't seen a single example so far.

(I'm not even in DMO, never was, and I don't even have time to play Everquest)
Old 02-11-2021, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you please give example of such jokes with maybe a screnshot or at least some log text? I've been reading about the existence of these jokes or otherwise inappropriate behavior, but haven't seen a single example so far.

(I'm not even in DMO, never was, and I don't even have time to play Everquest)
nah i just heard we were bullying ppl