Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you could whine about people existing who don't like you, simultaneously damaging your own reputation with bystanders and improving the hater's, or maybe... Act like a normal human being and defend your dignity when it actually needs to be and cut down anyone who fucks with you publicly. Dunno.

*barks*
Yea I'm not naive. I know people exist who don't like me just for being me, including you.

My point was that if DMO was disbanded for racism, then the server staff shouldn't tolerate Vanquish's leadership being okay with racism and LGBT hate. Or being a part of it in some cases. It goes beyond just protecting one's self. It's about protecting others who are minorities.

The culture in Vanquish is not at all like Rustle or AM. I can say you wouldn't stick around in that sort of environment, given the run in with Sedyt. When an old time AM member comes back and is so disgusted they quit in less than a day, there are big time issues.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:58 AM
Aviak

I have 2 maids coming to my house to do my semi annual deep clean. I requested Latino's because they work harder and do a better job than the white chicks. I am white btw. Am I racist because I have Mexicans doing my housework while I play EQ? Would I not be racist if i chose the white girls?
Old 03-02-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure it's as much racist as it is perpetuating stereotypes. Certainly a slippery slope
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-02-2021, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

It's 2021 guys! If you aren't an elf in real life, you had best not play one in EQ!
Old 03-02-2021, 11:29 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 2021 guys! If you aren't an elf in real life, you had best not play one in EQ!
Stop elf cultural appropriation! Power to Felwithe?
Old 03-02-2021, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop elf cultural appropriation! Power to Felwithe?
If tentarro isn't an elf in real life, I demand he be /banned and #Cancelled in real life! How dare he!?!
Old 03-02-2021, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Nexii got guildies using the N word, keeps them for months until they eventually leave, then talks about toxicity.

You are just such a Coat-Tail rider and you are extremely triggered you just won't make it in the #1 guild

Learn not to burn bridges next time I guess
Old 03-02-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I'm not naive. I know people exist who don't like me just for being me, including you.

My point was that if DMO was disbanded for racism, then the server staff shouldn't tolerate Vanquish's leadership being okay with racism and LGBT hate. Or being a part of it in some cases. It goes beyond just protecting one's self. It's about protecting others who are minorities.

The culture in Vanquish is not at all like Rustle or AM. I can say you wouldn't stick around in that sort of environment, given the run in with Sedyt. When an old time AM member comes back and is so disgusted they quit in less than a day, there are big time issues.
DMO was facially racist, Vanquish are just pixelheads.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1)I mean who cares about being straight, LGBT or whatever in a 20+ sim elves games/forum. If you share your sexual orientation in a "game forum" or ig don't be surprise to be bashed by low IQ people.

2) From what I know as I m in Vanquish, Officiers don't give a F about sexual orientation of people, we are here to play not to be feed by these irl details.

3) My personal opinion : I respect everybody whatever their sexual orientation but I don't give a F about it when it's time to play eq or any other games.

Stop your persecution syndrom and focus on what you are doing when you log in, play the game.

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Closed Thread