Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Orc

Post BDA just cant quit us -or- A love letter to p99

Greetings citizens! Business has been picking up, the <Law Offices of Norrath> has another contract for a press release.

I've been paid to be the messenger so I dont care what it says... however in the interest of full disclosure; this arrived to me as a wall of text, so I had to format it, add paragraph breaks, and fix a few obvious typos but I didnt alter the content at all. You get what you pay for and the <Law Offices of Norrath> will never let you down!

A thought has been brewing in my mind recently about an element of our community that never seems to leave even though they are already gone. And another thought about how much p99 owns has also been brewing and the two came together, instantly, to my head from the ether just a minute ago and I had to write them down! I have plenty of pp, but dkp is cheap, so I'm not posting this myself.

Bda members post all the time on our message boards, lots of negative things, and even when they get called out about it they just continue. I have started to wonder why this is? And it has now dawned on me:

They just cant quit us!

We've become their community--their e-friends, their e-enemies, the last social outlet they have among their Everquest peers. Years have been spent forging these relationships through typing, skyping, slaying dragons, arguing about it, and even occassionally meeting in person. Now they just cant let go. But why not build a new community in their new home?

This intersects perfectly with my second thought, about how much p99 owns and gets right.

People love to complain but this is the most classic EQ experiance you can get on the internet. The staff have put in a lot of work to get this right, there is a healthy player base, and plans for future servers are in place. If you randomly ask players that are new to the server what they think, they almost always give very good reviews. You certainly dont see p99 players go to Phinnegal boards and act the way BDA acts here.

There are no instances so everyone must work together, for better or worse. But the true masterstroke was requiring, enforcing, and policing players who box more than one character. Dont believe me? Lets circle back around.

BDA has now been gone for six months. A whole peer group just up and left. Dozens of people. According to them, the phinny server has a healthy population. According to them, its a great place to play. And according to them, they arent coming back. But they are still here, posting in every forum, keeping up with whats going on, acting like they never left. They have yet to integrate themselves with their new community, because their new community doesnt exist! It boils down to one simple fact:

They just cant quit us!!

So let them keep posting, trolling, bumping their own threads that crow about their accomplishments in a place that few here care about. Each post, each thread, each troll attempt gone wrong, every action they take here is one more little piece of proof about how good of a place p99 is to play.

Thank you to the creators and maintainers of this server. Keep doing what you're doing. You've created the best classic EQ community on the internet. You've affected these players so strongly that they dont know what to do without you!

Currently up for public auction: Greenestgrocer; a unique storefront opportunity: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=221512
Old 11-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

BDA core members broke the server rules. What do you expect from people who invest that much time into this server.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litigator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings citizens! Business has been picking up, the <Law Offices of Norrath> has another contract for a press release.

I've been paid to be the messenger so I dont care what it says... however in the interest of full disclosure; this arrived to me as a wall of text, so I had to format it, add paragraph breaks, and fix a few obvious typos but I didnt alter the content at all. You get what you pay for and the <Law Offices of Norrath> will never let you down!

A thought has been brewing in my mind recently about an element of our community that never seems to leave even though they are already gone. And another thought about how much p99 owns has also been brewing and the two came together, instantly, to my head from the ether just a minute ago and I had to write them down! I have plenty of pp, but dkp is cheap, so I'm not posting this myself.

Bda members post all the time on our message boards, lots of negative things, and even when they get called out about it they just continue. I have started to wonder why this is? And it has now dawned on me:

They just cant quit us!

We've become their community--their e-friends, their e-enemies, the last social outlet they have among their Everquest peers. Years have been spent forging these relationships through typing, skyping, slaying dragons, arguing about it, and even occassionally meeting in person. Now they just cant let go. But why not build a new community in their new home?

This intersects perfectly with my second thought, about how much p99 owns and gets right.

People love to complain but this is the most classic EQ experiance you can get on the internet. The staff have put in a lot of work to get this right, there is a healthy player base, and plans for future servers are in place. If you randomly ask players that are new to the server what they think, they almost always give very good reviews. You certainly dont see p99 players go to Phinnegal boards and act the way BDA acts here.

There are no instances so everyone must work together, for better or worse. But the true masterstroke was requiring, enforcing, and policing players who box more than one character. Dont believe me? Lets circle back around.

BDA has now been gone for six months. A whole peer group just up and left. Dozens of people. According to them, the phinny server has a healthy population. According to them, its a great place to play. And according to them, they arent coming back. But they are still here, posting in every forum, keeping up with whats going on, acting like they never left. They have yet to integrate themselves with their new community, because their new community doesnt exist! It boils down to one simple fact:

They just cant quit us!!

So let them keep posting, trolling, bumping their own threads that crow about their accomplishments in a place that few here care about. Each post, each thread, each troll attempt gone wrong, every action they take here is one more little piece of proof about how good of a place p99 is to play.

Thank you to the creators and maintainers of this server. Keep doing what you're doing. You've created the best classic EQ community on the internet. You've affected these players so strongly that they dont know what to do without you!
did not so much as consider reading this for 1 millisecond
Old 11-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Banned

Literally tldr and I have tons of free time
Old 11-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did not so much as consider reading this for 1 millisecond
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Takes a special kind of stupid to post something this long.

Tl;dr
Old 11-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

I cant believe someone cares this much about this game to even consider typing all this crap
Old 11-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

BDA the replacement for TMO of RnF.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
words
Cant read a few paragraphs,* reads thread with 4800+ replies.

*zero chance you didnt read a thread about you, but keep pretending
Old 11-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
litigator this shit was really off brand and bad we all expect more out of you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread