Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default Best ring for a bard?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Adamantite_Band
https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_..._Insignia_Ring

I'd keep it as a clicky anyway but should I replace the other ring? I hate the -sv on it.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Velium Coldain Insignia Ring is better

Nothing like getting rooted on a fear kite.(joking but also dead serious, DEAD serious.)
And the AC could technically be formulated as EHP vs melee.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velium Coldain Insignia Ring is better

Nothing like getting rooted on a fear kite.(joking but also dead serious, DEAD serious.)
And the AC could technically be formulated as EHP vs melee.
Yeah atm I'm fighting paineel skells which you can't fear kite due to adds, so these are the last camp I'm probably going to melee and don't need SV magic to be fair... but even then I feel like the Str would help with the slashing you know?

Thanks for confirming. Can sell that ring for singing steel money haha
Old 06-03-2020, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

STR will help your overall avg melee damage.
I was referring to plane of fear. But having good MR is important to general well being on p99. I just can't find a way to justify -10 MR for 75 life, when you have that other option on the table.

As for the paineel skellys, I'd still lean towards the AC/STR ring. You'll take less avg damage and deal more avg damage. MR doesnt help in this scenario, you're right. But if you need 75 more life just to do those skellys you have other gear problems, not saying you do.

edit: The rings clickie DS, is pretty cool too. I know you're a bard with better DS. but hey, maybe you want to sing something else.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-03-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Old 06-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR will help your overall avg melee damage.
I was referring to plane of fear. But having good MR is important to general well being on p99. I just can't find a way to justify -10 MR for 75 life, when you have that other option on the table.

As for the paineel skellys, I'd still lean towards the AC/STR ring. You'll take less avg damage and deal more avg damage. MR doesnt help in this scenario, you're right. But if you need 75 more life just to do those skellys you have other gear problems, not saying you do.
Yeah exactly, even tho the -mr doesn't hurt here I just figure I will switch early and save the inventory space and clicking and make the resale money now. Can keep all 6 tough skells down pretty ez anyways.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Goblin Gazughi
Old 06-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goblin Gazughi
It helps with charm kiting right, like you can cancel charm at the perfect moment and gurantee exp from both... but I just don't find that worth the wopping 7k
Old 06-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It helps with charm kiting right, like you can cancel charm at the perfect moment and gurantee exp from both... but I just don't find that worth the wopping 7k
Yep but it’s functionally superior to those (and any other ring). Just going by thread title at least.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you are mostly auto-attacking non-caster mobs, Ring 8 is better. The 8 STR helps with your auto-attacks. This is especially true if the fights are never taking you down to a dangerous HP level. If you only lose 50% hp per mob, and there is little risk of getting adds, the max HP isn't really helping you in the fight.

I understand your dislike for the minus MR. I hate negative stats in general. When you want to replace it, https://wiki.project1999.com/Djarns_Amethyst_Ring is 100% better, no downsides.

When you are kiting instead of auto-attacking, the max HP is probably better unless you are specifically dealing with casters that cast dangerous magic spells.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-03-2020 at 01:49 PM..
Old 06-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Or get a velium fire wedding ring. 6 ac 65 hps.
I run two Overseer’s Signets on my ranger most the time (8ac 8 dex 8 cha 6sv magic). Nothing loses you hit points like being blinded or rooted mid-pull.
Closed Thread