Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The good thing is you can switch at any time.
Oh yeah, absolutely. I have my Titanium install around just in case I need to do anything SoF can't do -- like cross HHK. I can manage sro, but the textures are entirely hosed, especially by the Inno entrance.

To be honest, this is how I remember the game looking, as this is how I played it for the longest time. So, I like it better this way. The only "bug" I've experienced, other than the things listed at the top of this thread (and south ro) is my UI. Had to update Vert to make it work with SoF, but this wasn't too hard.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

More stuff that has gone wrong for me:

- I've seen mobs return the wrong con values, i.e., light blue instead of dark blue. This was a bit bizarre and has only happened a couple of times, but the last time it happened, it was very nearly fatal (IGs in Perma). The other guy in my group, a 46 wizard, confirmed that the IG was dark blue to him. It conned light blue to me.

- Guild invites and guild status don't work. /guildstatus shows everyone in my guild other than me as a "member", including the leader and other officers. It shows my rank correctly, but I cannot /guildinvite anyone as they receive what the Titanium client calls a malformed guild invite.

- The new Universal Chat system isn't in on p99, so therefore, neither are /friend and /ignore, both of which were saved server-side with SoF. Wouldn't life suck without /ignore? The answer is yes, it would.

In short, I'm probably going to abandon this client. The cons are quickly outweighing the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Put the arguing aside, can view the game graphics and GUI however they wish. I am curious has anyone tried this with the Titanium Client?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Doesn't work with Titanium as far as I can tell. I believe that client can be told to shut off the graphics. SoF doesn't appear to listen.

Quote:
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

Yet another thing -- you cannot jump out of Plane of Sky using the SoF client.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Orc

It seems to me that perhaps if you have the SoF install and there are zones that are having issues, simply replace those zone files with the zone file from Titanium. For example, we all know that SoF's version of HHP is different from Titanium's because of a later expansion that changed HHP, making it incompatible with Titanium. Has anyone attempted to overwrite the SoF install zone file for HHP with that from Titanium?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's funny how perception changes over time. There were absolutely zero complaints that I can recall about the Luclin models when they came out. There were any number of things about Luclin that people didn't like, but nobody saw the old models as something valuable to be treasured.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

I would strongly disagree the above post. On The Rathe server forums there was overwhelming negative response to the new models.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone attempted to overwrite the SoF install zone file for HHP with that from Titanium?
Yes. Not that simple, unfortunately, as the name of the zone file itself has changed and the client is looking for a .eqg that doesn't exist.

I have messed with this a bit but will play with it more as time allows.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would strongly disagree the above post. On The Rathe server forums there was overwhelming negative response to the new models.
Really? There was so much to talk about with Luclin, I just don't remember it being a hot topic. I remember people being pretty pleased to see a graphic upgrade. Of course, I could just not have been paying that much attention.