Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only irrelevant because more people now know the issue, and less will side with you.
Good grief... I see this thread was moved to rants and flames. Well it is a private server, and like private property I will not commit the fallacy of thinking that I have a right to do or say anything there. I loved this game, it was my dream game, and this thread was not malicious at all. I was curious why the dream fizzled apart, and in such a stark divergence from classic. I have been told elsewhere (by a senior guide) that Project 1999 has its own rules and intentionally diverges from classic in some ways. That was my answer. I don't agree with it, and it also makes it impossible for me to play here, because I would suffer suspension after suspension, as I believe in a player's right to share mobs with other players, and I think Verant had the right idea about this.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I do not wish to join a certain group, and I do not understand why I am threatened with suspensions for sharing their mobs with them.
“Sharing” LOL. Okay, I get it. Your an asshole and want to turn down a group invite to ks them and don’t want to be banned for it.

If stealing camps was your live experience it is vastly different from my own. If we had a bunch of you running around stealing camps this server would suck. Good riddance. Go play pvp eq, you will find a home there.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Players on live that forced themselves into camps as mentioned would have been blacklisted. It was rare anyone did what was said. Here it's enforced harder.

It's much easier on P99 to just get a port to another camp. So that's kind of the expectation. We're not in classic with 100+ players packed into MM, LGuk, SolB, etc. So I can see the argument for not being forced to split pond camp
Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not in classic with 100+ players packed into MM, LGuk, SolB, etc. So I can see the argument for not being forced to split pond camp
That's an interesting point, and something that the newsgroups don't reveal (the number of players in the zones then). By the time I was playing in '01 there was a pretty easy path from Oasis -> LoIO -> Overthere - Frontier Mountains/Dreadlands, and I was too young then (16-17) to appreciate the nuances of dungeons or even know how to reach them without maps or spoiler sites, so I never dealt with this back then. In any case the unit of a "group" does not and should not have to represent an all-inclusive and "democratic" (if you will) thing. This is how you can just know instinctively this wasn't classic. MMORPGs have always been all inclusive games. It's true that one of my characters might have been "blacklisted", but I would rather have had this interesting experience than the more mundane one of a GM suspending me. And it would have been nostalgic, as my SK back in 2001 or 2002 came near this (although "blacklisted" seems to be somewhat of an exaggeration in all cases that I can imagine), which is why I eventually quit. Can't say I ever dealt with or spoke to a GM in all my 54-59 levels (can't remember the exact level I was) though, and I was a terror at that age. The dynamics of the players dealt with this very well, which is another reason I am a proponent of the old style and the free approach to MMORPGs and the virtual world rather than the more controlled ones. I dealt with this before EQ in all the MUDs I played too (where I was banned, for killing without roleplaying reasons on role-playing servers) Well... that's the difference between a private game and a public one. Whether you can successfully graft the structure of a private game onto one that was intended to be all inclusive and public is what Project 1999 is attempting.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an interesting point, and something that the newsgroups don't reveal (the number of players in the zones then). By the time I was playing in '01 there was a pretty easy path from Oasis -> LoIO -> Overthere - Frontier Mountains/Dreadlands, and I was too young then (16-17) to appreciate the nuances of dungeons or even know how to reach them without maps or spoiler sites, so I never dealt with this back then. In any case the unit of a "group" does not and should not have to represent an all-inclusive and "democratic" (if you will) thing. This is how you can just know instinctively this wasn't classic. MMORPGs have always been all inclusive games. It's true that one of my characters might have been "blacklisted", but I would rather have had this interesting experience than the more mundane one of a GM suspending me. And it would have been nostalgic, as my SK back in 2001 or 2002 came near this (although "blacklisted" seems to be somewhat of an exaggeration in all cases that I can imagine), which is why I eventually quit. Can't say I ever dealt with or spoke to a GM in all my 54-59 levels (can't remember the exact level I was) though, and I was a terror at that age. The dynamics of the players dealt with this very well, which is another reason I am a proponent of the old style and the free approach to MMORPGs and the virtual world rather than the more controlled ones. I dealt with this before EQ in all the MUDs I played too (where I was banned, for killing without roleplaying reasons on role-playing servers) Well... that's the difference between a private game and a public one. Whether you can successfully graft the structure of a private game onto one that was intended to be all inclusive and public is what Project 1999 is attempting.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
same dude, i can really feel that
Old 11-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Old 11-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to be a staff member you have to love Project 1999 so much that you are willing to never play on it (as a player) ever again.
90% of the forums trolls don't play on the server anymore.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of the forums trolls don't play on the server anymore.
cool avatar. looks familiar.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool avatar. looks familiar.
Same thing about America; every time I see her avatar I think of Khannable (or at least I think that's who used to have that avatar, but I'm terrible with names so I could be wrong).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread