Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

Default Instument Modifiers *STILL* bugged

I've had this on the bard bug page for a while now, so I finally made a video to help others understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNKu2dX144
Old 05-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Orc

Also when twisting our castbar still randomly dissapears even though the song is still casting and does take effect. A rather annoying bug at least for lowbies, as we still get fizzles every once in a while that look identical.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Make a new post, has nothing to do with the instrument modifiers, ill youtube that as well.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Orc

Kk
Old 05-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I am confused here.
In your example you use a song that needs a stringed instrument in order to be modified, but then you unequip the stringed instrument and the modifier goes away but if you equip it agian, it comes back?

Sounds normal to me.....
Old 05-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

No either you misunderstand me or you don't remember how songs worked.

First, when you sing any song with an instrument modifier, it should keep that modifier until the song fades regardless of what you sing in-between.

In the video you see me sing a percussion song with a drum, I switch to a strings song with a stringed instrument. The second the instrument is put on, the drum modifier is somehow lost on the dot, when the drum is placed back on the modifier is then re-applied.

What should have happened-

I use the drum on the percussion song, dot hits for instrument modifier amount throughout its duration, I play stringed song with stringed instrument, it keeps its modifier until then end of its duration (or if I sing the same song with a different modifier.)

I hope this is more clear!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Developer

I think I have it figured out for storing the modifiers on dots now. Good grief bards are complicated.

Any improvements on how the bards are working overall so far?

Haynar
Last edited by Haynar; 05-01-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Old 05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Totally, I know a lot of the following are unrelated, so don't hurt me for posting in the wrong section-

Songs are great, selo's is twisting fine despite what I said about the other songs in the video. I haven't checked charm but I bet its still bugged ( I saw no patch notes for it.. )

However we have one issue, for some reason while twisting (if you go fast at all) your casting bar disappears. Ill post more vids for you Haynar, but I need to go do something ATM, just wanted to give you some feedback.

P.S. I know a lot of our posts as bards are bug reports /negative comments, but we all really appreciate your work. We constantly talk to each other in tells about this stuff and when it's fixed a lot of people send me tells in game being really excited. Thank you Haynar!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I have it figured out for storing the modifiers on dots now. Good grief bards are complicated.

Any improvements on how the bards are working overall so far?

Haynar
Haynar,

Bards are workin great at the moment! There are some small issues, but thank you so much for getting us working!!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Orc

Yeah the only reason we keep posting bugs is cause you're working so hard at em. Haynar = bard deity. To the plank with Agnosim!

And on that note:

I made another thread but it's already on the second page with no replies soo...
While casting songs quickly, the cast bar begins to start counting down, then vanishes. This happens any time you try to quickly change songs, if you wait more than 1s or so to change, it works fine. FYI the song does actually still cast, it's only the castbar that goes poof.

The only problem with this is for those of us on high ping connections we can't twist 4 songs reliably because we can't see when the timer's going to end and have to kind of guestimate it.

Also it's a horrendously annoying bug for lowbie bards that still get spell fizzles all the time. Spell fizzles and the vanishing cast bar look identical except for one leaves your spell icons greyd out and the other does not.

This is a longer description of the problem Jete just discussed that he said he'll post a video for.

Thanks Haynar God!
Last edited by shlence; 05-01-2010 at 07:38 PM..
Closed Thread