Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamesh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll check videos. Thanks. The nuke I used is Anarchy, which does about 4% mob health on 2nd floor CoM. Letting health get lower than that seems like you risk your mob getting killed by pet.

I’m eager to try out the pack killing method now though.
Id often keep two nukes ready when feasible (like in com, where you don't need a permanent slot for theft of thought). Not a huge difference but I felt like I could spare the slot anyway so it's save mana sometimes when a mob just so happened to end up at 1-2%.

And yeah the pack killing is amazing. It makes you feel like a god. Necros do it pretty well too, but it's a bit more finnicky without aoe mez and tash (and fetter).
Old 06-24-2019, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamesh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what do you do when root breaks early and now a mob is parked away from the pack? I’ve been too hesitant to have those pack fights intentionally.
meh theres a couple options, can aoe mez ur pack and then just run it back in, flux etc then root it back in place works fine for me

the main thing really is to just keep on top of roots

if you have access, Robe of Smothering is really nice for finishing off those <7% mobs
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I’m eager to try out the pack killing method now though.
The correct technical term is Leaves' EXP Blender of Death and Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros do it pretty well too
And Druids do it best, but don't have many places to do it outside of the bear pits.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Charm is for the weak. It's all about face tanking and nuking with animation pets. Man up.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm is for the weak. It's all about face tanking and nuking with animation pets. Man up.
Whatever happened to that expert that said charm killing was a completely inefficient use of an Enchanter's toolbox and animations were the bomb? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2019, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever happened to that expert that said charm killing was a completely inefficient use of an Enchanter's toolbox and animations were the bomb? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is still trolling the forums. Here is a comment from about two weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm IS bad/worse than animations...

...But I agree, too many people get raped in the face by charmed monsters, so let's start #AnimationPrideMonth in July. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what level he is up to now..
Old 06-26-2019, 11:08 AM
Banned

Rimitto almost triggered me IRL.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is still trolling the forums. Here is a comment from about two weeks ago:

I wonder what level he is up to now..
He's probably maxed-out his throwing skill by now! Dude loved his throwing daggers if I recall
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Large Bat

Alright. I tried it. The blender/pack killing is awesome. Ignore all other scenarios!
Old 06-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Kobold

there's so many ways to play solo on an ench and they're all fun and situational.

some days its nice to haste and torch a pet and sit back. other days you wanna max your xp and root/charm pulls. then other days you break charm everytime the mob is below 10% because that one enchanter lied to you. even still there are other days where you just have charm break while your pulling in HS and your cat walks on your keyboard so you die and your only friend isnt online to bail you out so you leave and never come back.

really so many ways to play enchanter its all fun