Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

I am twinking a warrior atm, I really love it. Waiting a bit to get some thurg armor, but fungi and some good weapons, I'm having a blast!

Didn't even have to use a min/max race either, DE war ftw.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Kobold

I dont know this Naethyn guy, but that pally is dope and to anyone complaining about a BoB on a twink, you know you would do it if you could. Dont be bitter just because someone has put in more work than you and thus, has better stuff.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

This has been a fun twink. He still needs some work. I should get him a couple of those chardok earings and He needs something sexier in his range slot for sure and maybe a new bracer, I lost like 40 scout rolls with this guy and gave up on that bracer.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Grasshopperr

Here is another twink I did. He has been stuck at scout roll since November though. I probably should get this guy a vindi bp? I'm loving his Vyemm sword the dps is crazy because it procs like crazy.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Teepot
Old 08-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont be bitter just because someone has put in more work than you and thus, has better stuff.
Lol at winning a roll = more work.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol at winning a roll = more work.
He didn't win a roll, he formed a crew.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Easily level 5 cleric with hosh stick. Loved every second of it.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Aazil is notorious for creating drama over anything a member of AM does. Been drinking that casual koolaid. I wouldn’t take it too seriously.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

EQ mechanics are mostly boring AF by current standards, but insofar as EQ goes, if you don't want to group and have an ench then the only other solo classes you could objectively define as fun is necro/bard/druid, but gear isn't massively helpful for any of them for solo leveling. I guess I'd give it to necro. You can have fun soloing pretty much the entire way and get to 60, with low levels being boring for all classes and without suffering too much for finding mobs in the higher end.

For me twinking has always been something I've tried to do to convince myself that I still enjoyed the game but was bored of my character. I've made at least 100 alts across many games and I don't know that it's ever made the game fun again. It's just something to occupy yourself with. Eventually I realized the twinking itself was more fun than playing the alt, and that's when I gave up on it. If I'm bored of the game there's thousands of others to play, and if I eventually feel like going back to it then it will be more enjoyable than forcing myself to keep playing an alt.

A question to all the people saying pure melee is the most fun. Why? You legit do nothing but occasionally click one button. I'd say it's in the running for one of the poorest and laziest designed things in video games. Ever. It takes more effort to play Pong. Which is also more entertaining. Doing nothing is categorically boring, so what do you consider fun about it? Likewise I'm also discounting dotrotting and quadding as 'fun'. It may have been fun when the game came out, but it's old now. The concept of fun in games has changed. Walking forward 20 feet and clicking one button or sitting still and rerooting/dotting doesn't stand up anymore.

I get the feeling you guys might be calling it fun for some other reason. Like you're watching twitch/pr0nhub in the background or something? Or perhaps you became so bored of the game that the act of twinking a character ended up being more fun than playing the character like I mentioned previously? Melee can be twinked much more than casters, so I can see how that might be confused as being more fun.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ mechanics are mostly boring AF by current standards, but insofar as EQ goes, if you don't want to group and have an ench then the only other solo classes you could objectively define as fun is necro/bard/druid, but gear isn't massively helpful for any of them for solo leveling. I guess I'd give it to necro. You can have fun soloing pretty much the entire way and get to 60, with low levels being boring for all classes and without suffering too much for finding mobs in the higher end.

For me twinking has always been something I've tried to do to convince myself that I still enjoyed the game but was bored of my character. I've made at least 100 alts across many games and I don't know that it's ever made the game fun again. It's just something to occupy yourself with. Eventually I realized the twinking itself was more fun than playing the alt, and that's when I gave up on it. If I'm bored of the game there's thousands of others to play, and if I eventually feel like going back to it then it will be more enjoyable than forcing myself to keep playing an alt.

A question to all the people saying pure melee is the most fun. Why? You legit do nothing but occasionally click one button. I'd say it's in the running for one of the poorest and laziest designed things in video games. Ever. It takes more effort to play Pong. Which is also more entertaining. Doing nothing is categorically boring, so what do you consider fun about it? Likewise I'm also discounting dotrotting and quadding as 'fun'. It may have been fun when the game came out, but it's old now. The concept of fun in games has changed. Walking forward 20 feet and clicking one button or sitting still and rerooting/dotting doesn't stand up anymore.

I get the feeling you guys might be calling it fun for some other reason. Like you're watching twitch/pr0nhub in the background or something? Or perhaps you became so bored of the game that the act of twinking a character ended up being more fun than playing the character like I mentioned previously? Melee can be twinked much more than casters, so I can see how that might be confused as being more fun.
It sounds like you don't challenge yourself enough. Melees are much more involved if you are doing it right, pulling, tanking multiple mobs, fast pulling, killing in camps that are out of the way or higher level than normal, there are many ways to spice up gameplay.

That said, when people say having a melee twink is "fun" I suspect what they mean is that they enjoy the experience of being overpowered. In EQ starting from actual nothing you are underpowered, pretty much forever. People enjoy playing through the game in a way that makes them feel like a badass. It's the power fantasy, which is pretty much why every video game is "fun"
Old 08-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Melees get progressively weaker as they level up compared to the mobs they fight. It's fun to counter that with overpowered gear, turning you into a buzzsaw of death instead of a wuss with 2 sharp sticks who needs a break after every kill.
Closed Thread