Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Default Island Madman in Erud's Xing should probably be kos to all

I am a Bertoxxulous worshipping Wizard and the madmen are only dubious to me. Looking at the evidence I think they should be kos to all, like the madmen in the Ro deserts.

Source 1:

Quote:
Jun 25 2001 at 8:17 AM
I've seen more people running around the island followed by a dozen hungry spiders, then the madmen spawn... they are either monks or wizards and highly aggresive.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...99347506611370

Source 2:

Quote:
Sometimes an Island Madman will spawn. In a full group of 15 to 16th level he is dead meat. The Island Madman is a spellcaster who will KOS you if you are under 20th level. If you see him, kill him and be done with it.
http://invectus.www5.50megs.com/augur_erudxing.htm
Old 08-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Okay so this is very strange.

Yesterday I was killing on the island with my Human bertoxxulous wizard (give a shout out to Plaguewiz if you see me online), and the island madman was up (Ro desert style body type). He conned green to me (I'm level 14). He was nonkos (dubious).

Today I logged in and got sniped by a blue-con madman, same body type, but he conned scowling.

Is it possible there are different madmen on a spawn table and not all of them are set to the same faction/kos-ness?