Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Warrior Race - Barbarian or Iksar?

Hey guys, looking to roll and twink out a warrior and I'm debating pretty hard between Barbarian and Iksar.

Not much interested in any other race.

Like the slam and stats of a Barb, the regen of an Iksar.

Any suggestions on which way to go and why?
Old 07-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Dont do iksar for regen, do iksar for AC bonus.

If you have a fungi, either one will level super fast so just pick if you want to sell easily with slam or be hated but have better end game stats.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind the regen of iksar doesn't really kick in until after 51.

As far as slam goes, it's trivially easy to swap in a shield and bash a caster. Slam is convenient but in the end it's not like you still can't get the same effect. Also I believe warrior kick start stunning after 55.

I'd say the choice mainly goes down to bad faction and the exp penalty of an iksar vs good faction and exp bonus of a barb.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as slam goes, it's trivially easy to swap in a shield and bash a caster. Slam is convenient but in the end it's not like you still can't get the same effect. Also I believe warrior kick start stunning after 55.
As someone who has levelled twinked warriors from level 1 to 40+ about 7 times on 7 different races, I can tell you that "trivially easy" is really a not very fair statement here. Hitting level 20 you kind have to fight with a two-handed weapon if you want to have solo-able DPS. Switching weapons from a 2HX to a 1HX+Shield and then bash is slightly more annoying than what I would call "trivial". Levelling my Troll warrior was definitely much easier than the Gnome or Dark Elf. Not only to interupt, but also for the very important Bash/Slam when the mobs starts running away at 20%hp or so and it'll go fetch the whole zone unless if you could only stun it 2 second. You have to move smart and stay in the hit box but at the same time switch your 2HX away for a 1HX, then add a Shield, then hit your Bash hotkey.

This is will mean you miss it a few times. This will mean a few extra death between 1 and 55. For sure.

Racial slam for a warrior (mostly a twink warrior planning to solo) is honestly one of the most important racial ability in my experience and opinion.

To OP, for this reason and for the Cobalt set of armor, I would maybe recommend Barbarian over Iksar. However Iksar warrior is less played than Barb warrior and you'll have the originality factor. Also a better starting city and some extra quests.

And forage. Forage 50 is cool to maintain a STAT food up. Didn't do the Iksar Warrior, but I liked it on the Wood Elf heh.

Good luck have fun.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, looking to roll and twink out a warrior and I'm debating pretty hard between Barbarian and Iksar.

Not much interested in any other race.

Like the slam and stats of a Barb, the regen of an Iksar.

Any suggestions on which way to go and why?
Both are cool. Id go barb just because you can wear plate, plus slam, but the biggest reason is the difference in strength. I like to see big numbers when hitting, and thr closer you are to 200, the better.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Barb looks sexy af in plate. Iksars always look like hobos (halflings too)
Old 07-08-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar attack animations (esp 2hs) are ugly as sin.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-08-2019, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar attack animations (esp 2hs) are ugly as sin.
Did you download the fix to the broken iksar animations glitch?
Old 07-08-2019, 06:31 AM
Sarnak

troll is also a good alternative if youre looking for regen. and you get slam. And theyre easier to twink and than ikky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the feedback. I figured there would be more people saying Iksar regen/AC boost is OP etc. Since it seems Barb has just as much (if not more) upside i'm gonna roll with it for the sake of faction, str, sta, and slam. Thanks all!
Closed Thread