Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Teemofastora really hit some great points. Here's the thing about bards, they have more ways to play than any other class. For solo you can swarm, fear, charm, or face tank (limited through pre 50s). In groups you will find yourself pulling, tanking, and/or controlling the battlefield. It is good to experience all areas of play on your bard. IMO they are the most engaging and rewarding class and have way more to offer you than just running in circles. EQ is more about the journey, at least to me, so I had stopped swarming around 30. Granted if things are slow and I'm finding a level to lag I may go out for a few kites to move things along. That being said, I'm always mindful of others when I do kite.

One piece of advice is to practice with just a couple of mobs until you get your timing down. Nothing pisses off a zone of players more than watching some jackass bard occupy 25 mobs for 30 minutes before he kills his first one. The burn down should take no more than five minutes and you should not be missing your AOE much if at all when you pull big.

Best of luck in your adventures OP!