Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Orc

I have been in EC for the last 2 days, looking pathetic and dieing repeatedly without trying. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If all goes well I will be level 4 tonight.

So far I am having a blast. XP is painfully slow but there is a tinge of that feeling I had the first time I ever played EQ back in 99, so I am enjoying myself. Finally managed to move up from a rusty sword to a dwarven axe I found at a vendor cheap.

Looking forward to fun and good times.

-------------------
Fultun - Human Shadow Knight
Fulton - Human Paladin
Old 10-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

Come to Crushbone, I'd be happy to do some orc hill.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Large Bat

Well, I played the Monk allll night, got a twink weapon...was doing really well when I was grouped...as soon as I tried to solo, I died about 7 times in the course of 2 hours...which made the entire 2 hours a complete waste...Level 7 now...Im going to admit, I wanted to cry at some points being as I'd get a bub into 7 and die, and repeat that process about 6 times...even cons were always super close fight...blues were generally easy fights, but a scalebone or outrider would always appear halfway through the fight usually resulting in my dying right at the guard's feet...I forgot just how sadistic this game can be...I'm going to try not to lose my resolve. =\
Old 10-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Hey Jed,

Its frustrating but pick your fights well and pull with a throwing weapon. Dont stop until you're near a zone fighting a solo. Run or feign if your at half health and not winning by a large shot. Strafe running will keep the mob from hitting you.

People die by fighting mobs at low hps,not running, adds, getting a caster instead of a melee mob, etc. Pick your battles well and make each one count.

gl
Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Level 60 in 2 months? Man I must be doing something wrong.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Orc

I can never find people to bind my soul. Creates long corpse runs I don't enjoy. GFay seems to be devoid of groups during the daytime hours.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 60 in 2 months? Man I must be doing something wrong.
No...getting level 60 in 2 months might work for some people but that's a ton of grinding, and what's the point in rushing there? Not like we have a level cap increase coming...ever.

I would think it would take a good 6-8 months to do 1-60 at a reasonable pace. To each their own, though.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryndar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can never find people to bind my soul. Creates long corpse runs I don't enjoy. GFay seems to be devoid of groups during the daytime hours.
Where are you currently bound? Someone can help you I'm sure. I'd suggest going to Freeport and trying for a bind there. I don't know why anyone would do their early levels away from the buff and free cheap gear fest that is EC.