Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-11-2024, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddypig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear a lot of people saying this, that when it comes to grinding through green mobs 10 levels or so under you, then Mage is best over Necro for that.
But when I look at the difference in stats on the pets between the 2 classes, I really don't see much difference that would cause Mage pets to tear through mobs much faster than Necro pets.

For example, if you take a 50 Mage and 50 Necro and look at their 49 pets.

Necro - Lvl 41, 2300hp, 55dmg, 24 kick/bash, 42 lifetap proc.
Mage Water - Lvl 41, 2600hp, 56dmg, 25 kick/bash, 42 nuke proc.

So the main difference between is 300hp, 1 top end dmg, 1 kick dmg.
Also both of the Burnout and Augment line give the same 55% haste to pets.

I know some people will argue that you can chain Mage pets easier because the mana cost caps at 200. But thats only for the classic pets up to lvl 49, Kunark ones are like 400+.

Also I understand the damage shield is pretty solid as well and adds quite a bit of dps. But in that same case, would just throwing a single life tap on each mob nearly make up the difference of the dmg shield?

And as a Necro you have crazy good mana regen, so throwing 1 lifetap nuke on each mob isn't that big of a deal. You also have root, fear, mez, and FD for safety.

Like the total toolkit that a Necro gets compared to Mage is objectively much better. But I've always heard that the Mage pets out perform Necro pets by quite and bit, which is why their toolkit isnt as strong as Necro.

But I just don't see what makes the pets so much stronger?
Am I missing or overlooking something?
You would use a focused air pet to farm in droga, water pet is a rogue and a terrible tank. Pull with annul on the first clear and keep the damage shield on pet. At 60 I'd say mages definitely have the edge but before that it's probably a toss up. Necro toolkit isn't needed for farming greens, it's just about how much free damage you can put out. Mages can also use clicky nukes for free to speed it up.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 04-22-2024, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

There isn’t enough mobs to kill with a mage epic pet .
Old 04-22-2024, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

I think I remember my 60 bard doing better than either 60 necro or mage over time in this zone.

4 aoe dots (3 string + a brass one) + hym of restoration +/- nivs (strings with a regen component) to heal up. Would face tank them however many at a time.

But yeah, mage and necro are good for this and remarkably close. If I was forced to go do this for a few hours I’d probably choose my necro over the mage. Having cc, taps, heal potential for a max EoT, FD etc makes for a much more enjoyable experience even though the mage with pet + DS will kill a bit faster.

Liftap proc on EoT makes green farming a lot less of a hassle
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-25-2024, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

I took my 60 mage there a while ago and was killing a mob every few seconds (memory may be a little hazy was years ago) but it seemed like every 10 seconds or so a mob was dead. And i could just run along commanding pet to attack mob after mob, room by room and then run back and loot while he went through the mobs in order. I think i used air pet for the stun. It does help though getting a circuit down and killing the respawns as they pop so they don’t buff/DS themselves.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 04-25-2024 at 12:39 AM..
Old 04-25-2024, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

op has no 60s but

epic mage > bard > necro w/ all spells > non epic mage