Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Large Bat

I was thinking Monk mainly for the ability to help others PL with FD...although I assume Mage would make just as good of a PLer as a Monk at endgame. I might roll a Mage at some point to be honest...I just didnt wanna bother with medding all the damn time. =/
Old 10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedite2K11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Banned

Stop overthinking this shit. It's NOT that complicated.

I started a rogue as my first character here, atleast 6 months after server had already been running. Leveling to 50 as an untwinked rogue isn't that shitty. Fuck sitting around LFG, start your own groups. If you really want to play a rogue, stop pussyfooting around it.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

the oddsmakers estimate the chance of OP burning out before he even gets his monk to lvl 50 at 97.6%.

if you want to play a rogue, play a rogue. did i mention that you should play a rogue? you should play a rogue if you want to play a rogue.

actually from the sound of the complaining i'd say the chance is closer to 99.7%. CLASSIC EXP IS SLOW. doesn't matter if you're twinked or naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedite2K11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY MY ROGUE, I just dont wanna go through that whole process of pure torture sitting in zones for hours LFG...and never ever getting a group even if I sat there for 2+ hours...without good twink gear I would have to suffer all over again. My Rogue in retail couldn't solo to save an ants life let alone his own. When I finally got an SBD and some good armor in my 30s it got a bit easier, and I started to find a group more often, it got easier in the late 40s...but still, getting to 30 purely solo as a Rogue in 1999...I don't ever wanna do it again.
i want to add: you are going to be in the exact same boat with your monk as you will be for your rogue. neither of these classes can really solo at all past level 20 untwinked; monks can only do it effectively with some serious twinkage.
Last edited by pickled_heretic; 10-24-2011 at 10:28 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Kobold

burn out is another good point.

i have pretty much the best ranger weapon in the game for this era twinked on to my ranger, and soloing still bites my ass even at a lowly 23.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

You made a monk for the intent of PL later? Isn't that like a destitute person becoming a philanthropist? O_o

Look, a monk can indeed PL. Fact is tho a Sham or Druid does so better in 95% of the levels. They are also faster to level with less gear dependance. A Mage is a HORRIBLE power leveler for end-game and one of the best for the low/mid range; basically a druid without healing.

I love monks and would play one for the class. PL is an afterthought though. Any class can PL (kill over half health), just some are better. Play a rogue if you like the class, just assume soloing will be Hell and your budget blown on a good piercer immediately above all else.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-25-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Closed Thread