Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 12:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue raid nerds already tried to PvP on red and got absolutely torn a new asshole. The only reason the PvP server isn't popular is because it uses the least popular PvP mechanic (red FFA) with made up non-classic coin loot.

It should have been red FFA with item loot same as classic to appeal to the trolls and griefers, teams with coin loot since it was the most popular EQ classic PvP ruleset, or SZ, or Discord. Just not made up non sense.

A teams PvP server, coin loot, with one non-classic mechanic which would be preventing cross team healing, grouping, and guilding would be a huge success. Teams PvP only one to get two servers in classic and only died because of the cross team abuse that became a necessity once others started doing it and turned it into a bizarro world PvP situation with invulnerable healers and all kinds of stupid mechanics you had to consider.

Personally if we're going to do some stupid made up rule set I'd go for red FFA rules but if you die to PvP your character is just deleted. There is no loot only sending your opponent back to level 1 with no equipment. Full corpse, bank, and skill wipe. This would at least maintain a population unlike current red. I'd be playing there right now.

For P99 I think guild wars would be best. Unguilded you can be attacked by anyone but can't attack anyone. Force people to guild. Guilds are immune to their own members and can attack everyone else. No beneficial spells cross guild. Each guild stands alone. Death erases all your opponents no drop items that they have on them. That would be sweet.

And speaking of cool shit that will never happen what we really need is a roleplay server with tradable no drops, no common language, and strictly enforced in game roleplay chat punished by permanent ban if you provide logs. The P99 community are mostly closeted roleplayers who just need some encouragement.
Wow
Old 11-15-2021, 12:57 PM
Banned

closeted fire giants
Old 11-15-2021, 02:38 PM
Skeleton

Quick maths: 16 days to go!
Old 11-17-2021, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason the PvP server isn't popular is because it uses the least popular PvP mechanic (red FFA) with made up non-classic coin loot
Coin loot was the norm (at least on Tallon Zek) all through Kunark and Velious.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
A teams PvP server, coin loot, with one non-classic mechanic which would be preventing cross team healing, grouping, and guilding would be a huge success. Teams PvP only one to get two servers in classic and only died because of the cross team abuse that became a necessity once others started doing it and turned it into a bizarro world PvP situation with invulnerable healers and all kinds of stupid mechanics you had to consider.
100% agree
Old 11-17-2021, 10:02 AM
Banned

ya cross teaming sucked
Old 11-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Banned

pvp server is never happening

stop daydreaming and join green
Old 11-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Blue raid nerds already tried to PvP on red and got absolutely torn a new asshole. The only reason the PvP server isn't popular is because it uses the least popular PvP mechanic (red FFA) with made up non-classic coin loot.

It should have been red FFA with item loot same as classic to appeal to the trolls and griefers, teams with coin loot since it was the most popular EQ classic PvP ruleset, or SZ, or Discord. Just not made up non sense.

Personally if we're going to do some stupid made up rule set I'd go for red FFA rules but if you die to PvP your character is just deleted. There is no loot only sending your opponent back to level 1 with no equipment. Full corpse, bank, and skill wipe. This would at least maintain a population unlike current red. I'd be playing there right now.

For P99 I think guild wars would be best. Unguilded you can be attacked by anyone but can't attack anyone. Force people to guild. Guilds are immune to their own members and can attack everyone else. No beneficial spells cross guild. Each guild stands alone. Death erases all your opponents no drop items that they have on them. That would be sweet.

And speaking of cool shit that will never happen what we really need is a roleplay server with tradable no drops, no common language, and strictly enforced in game roleplay chat punished by permanent ban if you provide logs. The P99 community are mostly closeted roleplayers who just need some encouragement.
Good post.

Any new PVP server would be great.

I'd be super happy if when green cycled into blue, the next PVE TLP server was full roleplay strictly enforced. Something would have to be done about camping disputes though
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp server is never happening

stop daydreaming and join green
I actually did this. I joined green. Then I turned in my book in order to keep it fresh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looking forward to redgreen 2.0 or a new RP PvP server without cross teaming. And maybe without OOR heals.
Closed Thread