Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default bard pbaemezz question??

how do stringed instruments affect pbaemezz? is there a ranking on importance? (e.g. charisma vs. using a stringed instrument) if there are a lot of merb you need to pbae mezz, should i swap out weapons and just hold a lute so i don't get resisted? ty in advance <3.

i've been told that you shouldn't twist other songs when using pbaemezz, is this correct?

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 12-18-2019, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Bard pbae mez only lasts two ticks, so you can twist one other song in but it's a bit dodgy.

Not sure how lute affects it to be honest.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i've been told that you shouldn't twist other songs when using pbaemezz, is this correct?
This is because it's not uncommon to be mezzing and have several of them resist. If you twist, you'll have free mobs on the next tick. If you only sing aoe mez they need to resist twice to get free.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

Actually it lasts only 1 tick as far as i know. If 1 resists only once, you usually get hit a bit. This isn't that bad if it's not a stun.

A tick is 6 seconds. Casting it and other songs is 3 seconds. With perfect timing you might be able to twist a second song sometimes, but that is *very* dodgy.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Pbaoe mez is 100% resisted by mobs over lvl 25. Pbaoe mez lasts 6 seconds max. You are so much better off single target mezzing and cycling targets as you can easily lock down 5 mobs this way, which with current pbaoe limits is superior anyways. Also single target mez has a negative Mr mod making it easier to keep them mezzed.it also works on targets up to lvl 45. If you have chain mezzed, you will build significant aggro so make sure the tank taunts before breaking or you charm before breaking to memblur if it’s below lvl 38. Really after you hit lvl 28 pbaoe mez shouldn’t be on your song bar anymore. Bards who use weapons after lvl 7 in classic are cutting themselves and their groups short unless they are using orbs to tash something in rare occasions you should Never have weapons out if you want to be playing your class at the highest level.

Level 16-28 pbaoe mez away
Old 12-20-2019, 02:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how do stringed instruments affect pbaemezz? is there a ranking on importance? (e.g. charisma vs. using a stringed instrument) if there are a lot of merb you need to pbae mezz, should i swap out weapons and just hold a lute so i don't get resisted? ty in advance <3.

Forget using an instrument. You should be helping DPS down the main target while you AoE mez.

Spam it if you absolutely must keep all targets mezzed. Weave in a song between ticks if you can take the hits from a mez resist. The rule of thumb for me was spam mez if more than 2 targets because shit can get ugly real quick if you're trying to keep 4 mobs in place and one or more mobs resist mez. A resist into a stun can quickly turn a manageable pull into a shitshow.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forget using an instrument. You should be helping DPS down the main target while you AoE mez.

Spam it if you absolutely must keep all targets mezzed. Weave in a song between ticks if you can take the hits from a mez resist. The rule of thumb for me was spam mez if more than 2 targets because shit can get ugly real quick if you're trying to keep 4 mobs in place and one or more mobs resist mez. A resist into a stun can quickly turn a manageable pull into a shitshow.
Spamming pbaoe mez you can get multiple resists that instantly will be coming for you and increase the chance of getting stunned exponentially once you get single target mez pbaoe mez has little place NOT to mention pbaoe mez will overwrite all enchanter and necro mezzes shortening them significantly and blocks them from being cast where as the enchanters bread and butter AoE mez and single target mez are interchangeable with bard single target mez. Again if you have your weapons out after lvl 7 you are hindering yourself and the group.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spamming pbaoe mez you can get multiple resists that instantly will be coming for you and increase the chance of getting stunned exponentially once you get single target mez pbaoe mez has little place NOT to mention pbaoe mez will overwrite all enchanter and necro mezzes shortening them significantly and blocks them from being cast where as the enchanters bread and butter AoE mez and single target mez are interchangeable with bard single target mez. Again if you have your weapons out after lvl 7 you are hindering yourself and the group.
You're obviously going to switch to single target mez when it's available. That should go without saying. I'm just telling him how I made use of AoE mez when that was all I had available. In that level range, I was sometimes the main tank AND puller out of necessity (I play during off-peak hours so the pickings are often slim), and I was also able to handle CC duty with AoE mez. It actually works in your favor if you're tanking because it generates so much aggro, and you can take hits in that level range if you're wearing banded/bronze.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pbaoe mez is 100% resisted by mobs over lvl 25.
can't be srs right? i'm only lvl 22

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 12-22-2019, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
can't be srs right? i'm only lvl 22
I thought its effectiveness tapered off later, but he could be right. And yes, we are not meant to use our AE mez once we get the single-target one.
Closed Thread