Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

question on the pull - i dont really understand how you got it solo or just +1 - obviously you landed dictate on 1/3 of the fort shrooms to start then the two others come for you. whenever i try to pull around that area i end up with 45+ shrooms - could you expand a little on how you managed that pull?
Old 07-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
question on the pull - i dont really understand how you got it solo or just +1 - obviously you landed dictate on 1/3 of the fort shrooms to start then the two others come for you. whenever i try to pull around that area i end up with 45+ shrooms - could you expand a little on how you managed that pull?
Not OP here, but I believe I can explain. This pull requires an understanding of aggro mechanics, and the difference between direct, and assist, aggro. When you cast an aggressive spell on a mob, or you get into proximity aggro range, you have direct aggro. The mob is angry at you, and will come for you. If any mobs are within assist range, they will assist the mob and also come for you. However, the aggro you have on these mobs is assist aggro, which they will not further transfer. So, the trick to pulls like this is getting primary aggro on a mob in a way where it won't immediately come after you (or at all, in this case - rapture has a very high chance to blur). When you rapture the one guard, the king and the other guard have assist aggro, and will come for you. However, since they do not have direct aggro, they will not transfer it and nothing will add. If you do anything directly aggressive to them, they will then have direct aggro which can transfer.

Ex.: Image 3 mobs in a line - A --- B --- C, where B is in assist range of A and C, but A and C are not in range of each other. If you cast a spell on B, all 3 will come. but if you cast on A or C, only B will assist (initially). If you are set up in a way where A will not path within C's assist range when it comes after you, C will stand there and watch the other two run off. Now the tricky part - if you cast mez (like rapture) or root, on A it will have direct aggro, and B will have assist aggro. But, A will not be able to come after you right away, leaving B on his own to chase after you. Since B only has assist aggro, nothing else will assist it until you do something (like directly engage, or get within proximity range) to convert it's aggro from assist to direct.

This is the basis for a lot of tricksy pulling, and can be quite fun to play around with. A druid could do this pull also, with root, but would need to zone out or evac to break aggro on the initial mob (of course, that assumes that the frog pathers are pacified and etc.)
Old 07-24-2020, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not OP here, but I believe I can explain. This pull requires an understanding of aggro mechanics, and the difference between direct, and assist, aggro. When you cast an aggressive spell on a mob, or you get into proximity aggro range, you have direct aggro. The mob is angry at you, and will come for you. If any mobs are within assist range, they will assist the mob and also come for you. However, the aggro you have on these mobs is assist aggro, which they will not further transfer. So, the trick to pulls like this is getting primary aggro on a mob in a way where it won't immediately come after you (or at all, in this case - rapture has a very high chance to blur). When you rapture the one guard, the king and the other guard have assist aggro, and will come for you. However, since they do not have direct aggro, they will not transfer it and nothing will add. If you do anything directly aggressive to them, they will then have direct aggro which can transfer.

Ex.: Image 3 mobs in a line - A --- B --- C, where B is in assist range of A and C, but A and C are not in range of each other. If you cast a spell on B, all 3 will come. but if you cast on A or C, only B will assist (initially). If you are set up in a way where A will not path within C's assist range when it comes after you, C will stand there and watch the other two run off. Now the tricky part - if you cast mez (like rapture) or root, on A it will have direct aggro, and B will have assist aggro. But, A will not be able to come after you right away, leaving B on his own to chase after you. Since B only has assist aggro, nothing else will assist it until you do something (like directly engage, or get within proximity range) to convert it's aggro from assist to direct.

This is the basis for a lot of tricksy pulling, and can be quite fun to play around with. A druid could do this pull also, with root, but would need to zone out or evac to break aggro on the initial mob (of course, that assumes that the frog pathers are pacified and etc.)
thanks for the analysis. what spells are considered - non hostile to be able to perform this mechanic? just mez lines and root lines? i always assumed local mobs on same faction would radius wide assist any mobs that were aggro'd regardless if they were the direct pull or assisting off the direct pull. Guess im a noob tho. Also congrats on the kill btw very impressive stuff
Old 07-24-2020, 10:52 AM
Banned

Awesome stuff!
Old 07-24-2020, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for the analysis. what spells are considered - non hostile to be able to perform this mechanic? just mez lines and root lines? i always assumed local mobs on same faction would radius wide assist any mobs that were aggro'd regardless if they were the direct pull or assisting off the direct pull. Guess im a noob tho. Also congrats on the kill btw very impressive stuff
You need a hostile spell to perform this. Lull would be an example of a non-hostile spell (as long as you don't get a crit resist). What you want in this instance is an aggressive spell, like mez or root, to land on one of the guards so that the king and other guard assist it and come after you, but without aggro that will transfer further. One detail I did overlook was that mobs need to have line-of-sight to gain assist aggro. Here, the little walls at the top of the hut break line of sight with the mobs pathing around in the room. So what happens is you get primary aggro on the guard, but it's mezzed (and since raptured, will likely be blurred and forget about you in any event); the king + 1 assist it and come for you, but since only assisting will not transfer aggro further; other mobs in the room are not in line of sight of the mob you directly aggro'd, and so do not assist.

Editing to add: if you notice in the video, once he has the pet engaged on the king, he runs out of the room (and out of line of sight) to mez and blur the add. This allows for the add to just walk home after the mez wears off - if he let the add get into the room, this wouldn't work because once the mez wore the add would re-aggro (unless pacified, i suppose, but then you need to land an additional spell which can be difficult on them shroomiebois).
Last edited by xdrcfrx; 07-24-2020 at 11:29 AM..
Old 07-24-2020, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Impressive!
Old 07-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pretty accurate. I only call it Social Pull or Social Aggro. Biggest difference with Root is that it can be resisted or have a very short duration. Then the mob with Primary aggro will chase you very early then cause a large train.

That mechanic has to be in-game otherwise if you would for example zone into PoFear. You could in theory pull every mob in the zone just by zoning.

Here is 2 more examples of the similar mechanic if you wanna understand better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DSp-TGWw-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj4krZOcoQw&

Watch and Learn all my tricks =P
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 07-24-2020, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

That is a good point, Lilia. If root wears off too early, you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:08 AM
Kobold

Another thing to add: Do not buff yourself, use an insta spell refresher or anything after the initial spell - otherwise it will push secondary to primary aggro and you will train yourself.

Awesome Liia, great work!

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 07-28-2020, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Has Loraen loaned you his character? Does he still play?
Closed Thread