Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras
Default No more travel?

Was going to get on a plane this Tuesday to go see family for Thanksgiving. Just cancelled my flight. Oh well. Hopefully the vaccine will be ready and distributed to seniors, like my parents, before Christmas.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:09 AM
Banned

Why?

Its a great time to travel. Good rates, lots of room on the plane, etc.

Don't be scared like they want you to be.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, get Covid and bring it home to your families - fewer gifts you'll have to buy at Christmas! Grandma's wish list was too expensive anyway.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

honestly if you have had covid two or three times for now you should be cleared to travel

people who are asymptomatic with low grade cases will spread immunity faster and cause less severe infections than really sick people

should still wear mask and wash hands tho so u spread less virus and give people a chance to catch up with their own immunities.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Banned

Planes are flying, you can go if you want. Should you?

No
Old 11-20-2020, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, get Covid and bring it home to your families - fewer gifts you'll have to buy at Christmas! Grandma's wish list was too expensive anyway.
Oh god please, you pompous douchebag. "Durr I guess you don't care about your grandma's LIFE". It's his choice if he doesn't want to risk it, but there's this thing where the elderly can die even if they *don't* get covid. I, personally, would feel pretty guilty if I chose not to see my grandma for christmas because of covid and then she died of something else before I ever got to see her again. Jesus lefties can be so god damn callous, and people say it's the right politicizing this
Old 11-20-2020, 03:14 PM
Banned

Im stuck in this shitty country because people can't put on their masks and social distance
Old 11-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im stuck in this shitty country because people can't put on their masks and social distance
No you're stuck because of hysteria over a disease that turned out to be utterly benign by almost every metric for almost every demographic. Humans are not built to socially distance for a full god damn year. I mean maybe if you're an anti-social introvert sperg in day to day life anyway, it's no big deal. The psychological effects of these measures are very real for a lot of people though.

Masks, sure, easy enough to do. But it's largely symbolic if you keep up with the current research. Unless you have an N-95, wearing dinky little loosely fitted pieces of fabric or paper over your face is barely doing anything.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you're stuck because of hysteria over a disease that turned out to be utterly benign by almost every metric for almost every demographic. Humans are not built to socially distance for a full god damn year. I mean maybe if you're an anti-social introvert sperg in day to day life anyway, it's no big deal. The psychological effects of these measures are very real for a lot of people though.
My home country had less than a thousand confirmed cases and got 200+ days so far

without a single case

If you want to enter our country, you have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks before entering

People in Taiwan are now allowed to go out and do things like a functioning society because no one in Taiwan has covid anymore. It's non-existent.

Americans are just retarded
Last edited by Tunabros; 11-20-2020 at 03:44 PM..
Old 11-20-2020, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My home country had less than a thousand confirmed cases and got 200+ days so far

without a single case

If you want to enter our country, you have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks before entering

People in Taiwan are now allowed to go out and do things like a functioning society because no one in Taiwan has covid anymore. It's non-existent.

Americans are just retarded
But people in Taiwan still have other diseases, many of which are more deadly than covid. So.. shouldn't they still be locking down? I don't think you're getting the point; reacting this way to a disease that barely kills anybody even if 100% of the population has it is absurd.

It's worth noting that Taiwan has like 1\14th the population of the US, which inherently makes controlling any communicable disease easier. Not that it matters, because covid is barely dangerous.

It's also worth noting that a 2 week quarantine won't necessarily protect a population, since people can carry it without symptoms. If the rationale of a quarantine is that after 2 weeks of no symptoms you must not have it, the fact that people can carry it asymptomatically kind of throws a wrench in that. But again, luckily it's not very dangerous at all for the vast majority of people, even the vast majority of the elderly. So that's good.
Last edited by douglas1999; 11-20-2020 at 03:59 PM..
Closed Thread