Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

You’re all playing a charity server for free they're all welfare pixels
Old 12-14-2020, 06:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s funny cause it’s true.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

Nice to see a Scout thread, been a while <3
Old 12-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...damn, homie.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aka "I would like to continue receiving charity pixels because my autistic and unlikeable personality does not lend itself well to making friends that would help me with this fight, so I need to rely on a server agreement to force others to help me"

Scout roll would be significantly better without the charity aspect. Would require an addition of an FTE message and timer to open it up to FFA to prevent any nonsense, though.
So mad for some reason. Lmao. Ugly beta detected.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, make ring8 like scout roll
Old 12-14-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

You're all arguing over the wrong thing. This place isn't about "better" or "worse": it's about classic ... and there is no question that Scout would be more classic if you had to bring your own group, because that's what everyone did back in '01.

Personally I think a good fix would be to make it a /list camp, but you can only /list with a full group (since we don't have the concept of "raids" on P99, a full group will have to be a proxy for having a raid). This would ensure no one cheats, but everyone who does bring a group has a fair and equal chance to turn-in.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Don't bring green plague to our server
Old 12-14-2020, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're all arguing over the wrong thing. This place isn't about "better" or "worse": it's about classic ... and there is no question that Scout would be more classic if you had to bring your own group, because that's what everyone did back in '01.

Personally I think a good fix would be to make it a /list camp, but you can only /list with a full group (since we don't have the concept of "raids" on P99, a full group will have to be a proxy for having a raid). This would ensure no one cheats, but everyone who does bring a group has a fair and equal chance to turn-in.
Stupid idea.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Scout, Ring 8, and Angry should be: roll on spawn, rolls valid for 15s from first roll, 1m to turn in from spawn, 1m to engage captain/chief/skargus from spawn, ffa for anything outside of that with hand-in message modified to contain pc name if it doesn't already and fte message for kill mobs.

People don't realize they are shooting themselves in the foot by not frontloading the preparedness requirement. Everyone could be done by attending a handful of these rolls, but because people want the charity approach you have every swinging dick on the server rolling for their 17th alts every roll, every time.

Also, the concept of this server trying to recreate classic as faithfully as possible is a complete joke. This server is customized to the whims of the admins, with the "classic" argument being thrown around strictly when it conveniently aligns with what they want, and either left out entirely or given excuses for when it isn't convenient. The server isn't good because it is classic, the server is good because of all the hard work that went into making this game by the original dev team. To make the game shittier when better options exist that the original devs either DID choose to implement in a later expansion or WOULD'VE implemented if they had the time/resources to almost feels like it is mockingly insulting them for not having every resource and idea available to make the game perfect from day 1.
Closed Thread