Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-24-2022, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Default Save or Spend - Warrior

I have about 18k to spend on my warrior who is 23 atm. (i should be spending it on my shaman but that's not the point of this thread lol)

Magelo Profile: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Poscoe

I don't have Jboots currently. My thought process was buy the jboots and then a Reaver for lvl 30 and save 6k for Velious Plate gems at 45ish when I'm able to go to platehouse with my guild?

Then hopefully with some extra money i earn, i get some bloodpoints at 50 for when i cant get a group?

I liked the idea of silver chitin wrist bands now but i don't think the value is worth the cost currently. Anything else that's might be cheapish that would be worth it or opposing viewpoints?
Old 01-24-2022, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

You should just save the money. Your warrior is similarly geared to my 23 warrior, and hes currently tearing through content solo. If you are mostly grouping, you will be fine for a while.

I would only get JBoots if you mostly solo. If you group mostly you are going to have SoW or ports often enough.

You should level this guy up some more before committing to buying a bunch of expensive no drop stuff. You should be able to hit at least level 40 with no trouble with your current setup.

If you are still happy with your warrior then, and you want to solo during the 50s when you can't find a group, use that 18k for a truncheon of doom and 2x bloodpoints. Those three items alone will probably eat up at least 12k, and you can spend the rest on jboots.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:47 PM
Kobold

Thanks! I’ll save and see how I like it then. Grouping when I can find one, otherwise solo is pretty easy atm.

My first character on live was a halfling warrior and this feels so much better than that did lol.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:13 AM
Fire Giant

I agree with DSM, but if you decide to blow your money on armor, look into the Dwarven cultural armor. Some of the pieces are amazing.
Last edited by Keebz; 01-25-2022 at 12:26 AM..
Old 01-25-2022, 09:25 AM
Kobold

I tried the Truncheon & Dual Blood Points on my warrior. It never worked very well. Proc rates are too unreliable to depend on them. It was not unusual for me to get the mob down to 30% hp before the slow proc'd and then blood points would rarely proc. Was never enough to recover all the HP damage I took during the fight. At least not against Blue Cons at level 54. The biggest difference I noticed is when I was able to obtain the Fungi Tunic. My recovery time was so much better.
Last edited by long.liam; 01-25-2022 at 09:29 AM..
Old 01-25-2022, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Personally I wouldn't even recommend soloing on a warrior unless you have some type of regen. Otherwise It will be so slow. You will spend the 30 minutes in between each fight just Regening HP back to full.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Save for better haste. Will have the biggest effect.

CoF save dem pennies.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Save for better haste. Will have the biggest effect.

CoF save dem pennies.
Agreed, haste would be better if OP plans on mostly grouping. But I wouldn't buy a CoF. You only need 34% haste to reduce your delay by 50%, and CoF is like 20k more expensive than a seahorse belt. The extra 2% haste is not worth 20k, especially in OPs case where he doesnt have a ton of cash.

As for the discussion around Truncheon of Doom + Bloodpoints when soloing, it heavily depends on the mobs you are fighting. If you are soloing as a warrior you need to pick your targets wisely, ideally very low blues. That combo should be more efficient than a fungi on the correct mobs. I do agree fungi is amazing, but OP is about 35k short right now.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a big fan of the CoCW. Gives you the warm fuzzies knowing you're getting 36% haste, while much less pp than the CoF. 50 hp isn't a big deal, and the CoCW mana can be used when you inevitably shift that item to other hybrid twinks. Plus the extra savings can help you save towards a lodi belt which is a really nice combo.

OP, with 18k to spend, I'd get a truncheon, reaver, and then maybe 2x bloodpoints if any money is leftover. I did a war solo build and I think the slow proc/static regen was the most important. I'd honestly just skip thurg armor and get the dorf cultural armor to upgrade slots if needed, and worry about higher end armor at 60.
Last edited by Crede; 01-25-2022 at 05:20 PM..
Old 01-25-2022, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a big fan of the CoCW. Gives you the warm fuzzies knowing you're getting 36% haste, while much less pp than the CoF. 50 hp isn't a big deal
CoCW is so much cheaper than CoF just because 50HP is that much of a big deal. If you can save for a CoCW, then you can save for a CoF.

I would not recommend CoCW.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.