Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

i dont know but my PP is quite large
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 Nerd points

It's also a valid phone number in Dallas, TX. I've always been afraid to call.
I once decided , a day when I was truly bored back in the 90s begin to dial random telephone numbers.

To this day I still remember getting a random number in my head, out of nowhere and proceeded to dial it.

It was a strange number , considering in my area numbers were no larger 6 digits, but this one had about 9.

I dial it out of a curious compulsion and when I hear nothing from the other side, decide it was simply a random string and would soon get the tones meaning number is non existent.

But what I hear then is a series of "clicks" , a bright short burst tone and then an automated central pre recorded message in a language different to my own that more or less said "Please choose extension .... Please choose extension ... " over and over.

I obviously freak out a bit and hang.

This was late at night, so I decided to watch some tv but being bored just went to bed.

Some hours later, still dark, my phone rings and I worried pick it up.

When I answer it, all I could hear from the other side was a random number of tones and then as if I was placed on speaker, hearing faint whispers of a conversation In a room with bad acoustics or echo, it was a conversation I had with a family member on the phone weeks ago when discussing a very important topic on family matters.

I hung up again and was not able to sleep for several hours.

To this day I still feel weird out about it.

I tried to repeat the process but never was able to replicate it, though I met some interesting persons random dialing on the telephone, one of them a maid in a house that enjoyed talking to me at certain hours about his lost family in an accident years prior and another a retired engineer living his retirement on the coast and regaling me with tales of his job surveying roads and dirt trails.

On the other hand someone with a valid number that is coincidentally the maximum expression of something sounds like a fun place.

Who knows? You might actually make a new friend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-25-2018, 01:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once decided , a day when I was truly bored back in the 90s begin to dial random telephone numbers.

To this day I still remember getting a random number in my head, out of nowhere and proceeded to dial it.

It was a strange number , considering in my area numbers were no larger 6 digits, but this one had about 9.

I dial it out of a curious compulsion and when I hear nothing from the other side, decide it was simply a random string and would soon get the tones meaning number is non existent.

But what I hear then is a series of "clicks" , a bright short burst tone and then an automated central pre recorded message in a language different to my own that more or less said "Please choose extension .... Please choose extension ... " over and over.

I obviously freak out a bit and hang.

This was late at night, so I decided to watch some tv but being bored just went to bed.

Some hours later, still dark, my phone rings and I worried pick it up.

When I answer it, all I could hear from the other side was a random number of tones and then as if I was placed on speaker, hearing faint whispers of a conversation In a room with bad acoustics or echo, it was a conversation I had with a family member on the phone weeks ago when discussing a very important topic on family matters.

I hung up again and was not able to sleep for several hours.

To this day I still feel weird out about it.

I tried to repeat the process but never was able to replicate it, though I met some interesting persons random dialing on the telephone, one of them a maid in a house that enjoyed talking to me at certain hours about his lost family in an accident years prior and another a retired engineer living his retirement on the coast and regaling me with tales of his job surveying roads and dirt trails.

On the other hand someone with a valid number that is coincidentally the maximum expression of something sounds like a fun place.

Who knows? You might actually make a new friend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice ghost story.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KEK - I remember when a certain GM sent around a bunch of PMs to players asking them to self report the amount of plat they had so he could make a friendly challenge and rank the top 20 richest. His post for this is somewhere on the forums.

Later, he asked a number of players that had large amounts of plat that had few logins if he could ban the accounts while they were inactive to help prevent against RMT and those players could come back free-and-clear when they wanted to return full time.

This was their 5th to last post before they were relieved of command.... (it was also like 3 years ago)
Funny if true...
Old 05-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

I'd be really surprised if a million put someone in the top 15 three years ago. I sold a prenerf fungi staff for over a million in early kunark (actually 900k and like 400k in items, but I was well over a million liquid), and I doubt I was top 15 even then. Today I wouldn't be surprised if plat millionaires were in the triple digits. There were people in classic that we're close to a million if not over it, and we were in kunark for like 5 years.
Closed Thread