Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

You could never rotate NTOV as one target as apart from A/A it would take multiple days , probably even having to wait for a weekend for when it was CSGs turn , for every other raiding alliance to clear it. You would spread timers out and eventually lose mobs to repops. In a nutshell it would suck and be unworkable.

C/R/FFA had bag limits and that might be a decent idea , but you will always have the problem of adding new guilds/alliances to the R category and that will lead to the same contempt that BDA showed the rotation.

It wont be popular , but bending the knee and just accepting the No1 raiding guild on the server is going to portion out mobs twice a month is the most efficient and fairest way possible for casual entities to kill dragons. You cant have your cake and eat it.
In this case the GL of the No1 raid guild has to walk the line of keeping his zerg happy and the server - Detoxx is juggling a difficult task and doing a decent job of it.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the last rotation was terrible and any new rotation would run into the same exact problem that blew up the last one (grew too fast and there was no real process for adding new guilds to it).
I'm not arguing for/against rotations, but I don't understand why any new rotation would fail because the last rotation didn't have a way to add new guilds; couldn't a new rotation system include a way to add new guilds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bending the knee and just accepting the No1 raiding guild on the server is going to portion out mobs twice a month is the most efficient and fairest way possible for casual entities to kill dragons
I'm ... skeptical that the only possible solution for P99 high-end raiding is a return to the TMO days (except with more handouts). This is not to say anything bad about Detoxx, Aftermath, or the job they're doing: it's just that I remember things being a lot worse back when one guild (TMO) ruled the server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-11-2018 at 11:19 AM..
Old 04-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

maybe its not so much that more casual guilds lack the will or drive or skill to kill the top raid stuff - its more that they are horribly turned off by the toxicity/training/bullying of A/A. Aftermath has a history of trying to coerce anyone competing with them into conceding giving false info or blatantly making up rules. Both guilds have a long history of breaking raid rules repeatedly and consistently.

I think the onus for change is on everyone not just A/A and not just casual guilds.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Stop responding to Daldaen’s rotation requests. He is trolling you. He is an irrelevant player that no longer is part of this server/community. He is derailing the point of this post which is meant to steer the raid scene in a positive direction and not into some rotation wurmhole discussion.

Don’t feed the troll.

Looking forward to the 300 man NtOv crawl!
Last edited by Phatez; 04-11-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-11-2018, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Lightbulb

Why settle for scraps each week? If you want to crawl and take your time raiding with your friends you should get all the time you need and get a fair amount of shared mobs.

Get a solid agreement on a rotation or this thing will devolve in a matter of weeks.

Or you can petition and get free reign for 20+, 30+, 40+ days.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

There will never be another TMO monopolization. TMO had the benefit of:

1. Only 16 Raid Bosses to keep locked down
2. 6 of them were restricted by needing to have a key
3. Locking down said mob to get the key for 2

This is not the way the server is anymore and, even though Aftermath may be able to kill most targets, we will never be able to kill every single mob every single week / repop.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will never be another TMO monopolization. TMO had the benefit of:

1. Only 16 Raid Bosses to keep locked down
2. 6 of them were restricted by needing to have a key
3. Locking down said mob to get the key for 2

This is not the way the server is anymore and, even though Aftermath may be able to kill most targets, we will never be able to kill every single mob every single week / repop.
It's possible, but you'd have to convince all your enemies/competition to end all competition in one "final solution" a massive zerg guild so large it can poopsock all raid targets at the same time!
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Kobold

I approve the crawling of NToV as the zone was intended for. I hope this is the start of the end of stupid training tactics to single out a dragon
Old 04-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Protip, it wont
Old 04-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

This is pretty cool of AM to do, looking forward to the fun.