Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

*Cough Cough*
Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

1.) Killing 'Master of the Guard' in Sleepers Tomb with 7 people in almost entirely Kunark gear 2nd week of Velious.

2.) 35-manning Vulak'Aerr for 38 minutes.

3.) 65-manning Sontalak Prime 2.6 years ago with only 3 deaths.
Last edited by Daloon; 05-29-2018 at 08:19 PM..
Old 05-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Doing Sev with BDA (90 people total, 76 of which were level 51 druids)
Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 PM
Banned

Antonin
Old 05-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Veloci Shift was fairly new to going for raiding level mobs and we felt like we had enough kael geared toons to go for a golems in fear. So we broke into fear with maybe four level 60s and cleared began to clear knowing that golems were in window. So far so good. I get my guild set up by the ramp where the Tormentors spawn and Terror spawns.

At this point in time we had no clue how to approach him and all we knew was that the aoe was no joke. We have 1 group of sub-par geared 60s and everyone else ..... Lets just say im a good motivational speaker because their faith in our future success is so high right now. So we try to have the casters sit inside of the ramp circle to avoid the ape, call mana and buff check the whole nine. Everyone is ready. Pull comes in, 20 of us in vent all excited. I drop a mallet into him for aggro and everyone is putting in work, spot heals flying it's beautiful.....then I realize 30 seconds into the fight everyone is dead except 1 cleric, torp shammy, ranger, me on warrior and a Sk. It was a long fight and No clue how we pulled it out but once Terror started to run you wouldn't believe the sigh of relief that was given. Then the bastard dropped just 1 Aon as a prize for us (me).

I had never been so proud of a group of guys more than that coming from almost nothing and growing our own 60s and farming kael like it held the cure for cancer. Being the guild leader for them and experiencing our first "big kill" together like that was something I would definitely love to do again.

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk
Shinken 52 Vox Monk
Old 05-30-2018, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennardscott86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Veloci Shift was fairly new to going for raiding level mobs and we felt like we had enough kael geared toons to go for a golems in fear. So we broke into fear with maybe four level 60s and cleared began to clear knowing that golems were in window. So far so good. I get my guild set up by the ramp where the Tormentors spawn and Terror spawns.

At this point in time we had no clue how to approach him and all we knew was that the aoe was no joke. We have 1 group of sub-par geared 60s and everyone else ..... Lets just say im a good motivational speaker because their faith in our future success is so high right now. So we try to have the casters sit inside of the ramp circle to avoid the ape, call mana and buff check the whole nine. Everyone is ready. Pull comes in, 20 of us in vent all excited. I drop a mallet into him for aggro and everyone is putting in work, spot heals flying it's beautiful.....then I realize 30 seconds into the fight everyone is dead except 1 cleric, torp shammy, ranger, me on warrior and a Sk. It was a long fight and No clue how we pulled it out but once Terror started to run you wouldn't believe the sigh of relief that was given. Then the bastard dropped just 1 Aon as a prize for us (me).

I had never been so proud of a group of guys more than that coming from almost nothing and growing our own 60s and farming kael like it held the cure for cancer. Being the guild leader for them and experiencing our first "big kill" together like that was something I would definitely love to do again.
you survived because the bard you forgot to mention (Dracou) dropped a reaper in your punk ass when you were in the red, right before he started fleeing. Long live bard heroics!
(no, im not dracou, but i heard all anout this fight, and your right, from multiple sources, i heard it was epic)
Old 05-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mine are a bit different op.
I just learned to charm and fear on my bard, Cenwood. I never swarm/aoe kite, it's immersion breaking that mobs would gradually die w/o changing their tactics...
By this logic its immersion breaking to use a full group to camp mobs.... If you had just woken up and see an angry looking ogre with two axes and shiny ass armor with some mean looking kung fu lizard and a shaman, with wizard looking friends backing them up..... would you really just charge right at them?

id go back to fucking sleep, let them steal my shit, and move on with my life, but this is p99..... thats not an option..... so... "Die scum, i dont care that its one versus 6 and i have no weapons or armor and am just a goblin trying to mine in my own god damn mines you invader scum!!"
Old 05-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you survived because the bard you forgot to mention (Dracou) dropped a reaper in your punk ass when you were in the red, right before he started fleeing. Long live bard heroics!
(no, im not dracou, but i heard all anout this fight, and your right, from multiple sources, i heard it was epic)
No one wants to remember Dracou lol

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk
Shinken 52 Vox Monk
Old 05-30-2018, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By this logic its immersion breaking to use a full group to camp mobs.... If you had just woken up and see an angry looking ogre with two axes and shiny ass armor with some mean looking kung fu lizard and a shaman, with wizard looking friends backing them up..... would you really just charge right at them?
Or see a throwing star pass nearby, notice a lone iksar and start chasing him only to turn a corner and see 5 of his friends waiting to ambush you. Wouldn't you just turn and run? I mean, they would probably all con yellow or red to you.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Orc

Was there a winner? Op was saying by end of the weekend.
If not...

Closed Thread