Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

My account was suspended as well recently. First time in 8 years of play on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Except when Amelinda hit me for a week or so during a particularly tense Vox kill hahaha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be so difficult to send an EMU account holder an automated email with a 1 sentence notification/explanation for suspensions/bans? This type of stuff wears on people.
I've probably played for a total of 100 hours in 3 years and I don't ever remember sharing my account information. So, I honestly have no clue why I would have been suspended. I am very curious.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Ignorance is not a valid defense.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-27-2018, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Stop sharing your accounts and you can't get hit in these ban waves (you're welcome).
Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I haven't played in 5 or 6 months and I tried to log in this weekend for the bonus XP. I discovered I was banned at some point in those few months.
If this was for sharing accounts then I was under the impression that was allowed. Dial A Port has guild a cleric that the guild can use. As of yesterday morning I know for a fact that that account was not banned.
And no I do not take part in RMT's. So I know I am not guilty of that.
Not an end of the world deal but still kinda bummed about it.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:41 AM
Orc

I also have a banned account after a few months away. Definitely no RMT, but the account was shared with a couple long-time (real life) friends for the occasional port/PL.

Is sharing accounts actually prohibited?

Obviously if you share with the wrong person and they break the rules, you'd be on the hook. But if you have a druid account, and don't two-box, is it "legal" to share login with a friend to power level/port your alt?

I looked through all the rules and couldn't find it. And like Woefully mentioned, guild cleric accounts seem fairly common and are setting a very confusing precedent if it's a first-time *bannable* offense.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Sharing accounts is not prohibited. When someone is banned for RMT they'll usually ban any account that person has ever logged into. So chances are if you didn't have anything to do with RMT, someone who did logged onto your account at some point (thus the references to not sharing your accounts).

If your account is clean and was merely caught up in the dragnet banning, submit a petition on the petition section of the forums with all the appropriate info and it will get taken care of.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by woefully_inept [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played in 5 or 6 months and I tried to log in this weekend for the bonus XP. I discovered I was banned at some point in those few months.
If this was for sharing accounts then I was under the impression that was allowed. Dial A Port has guild a cleric that the guild can use. As of yesterday morning I know for a fact that that account was not banned.
And no I do not take part in RMT's. So I know I am not guilty of that.
Not an end of the world deal but still kinda bummed about it.
Sorry your account got banned. I assure you that we are well within the rules with our guild cleric.

Maybe you should be more careful with who you give your info out to. Or routinely change your password to stop people from abusing your account.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My brother and one close personal friend are the only people with my account. I know with 100% certainty neither are involved in anything shady and definitely not RMT nonsense. Stop making assumptions. It's clear you're not good at it.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by woefully_inept [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My brother and one close personal friend are the only people with my account. I know with 100% certainty neither are involved in anything shady and definitely not RMT nonsense. Stop making assumptions. It's clear you're not good at it.
lol, tone it down killer. Maybe that attitude is the reason you got banned then.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread