Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

I was super casual on live. I played a ranger on Brell Serelis.

My favorite moment was when I finally got a Jade Reaver to drop in COM to finish the Swiftwind portion of my epic. It took a few months of casual raids to get! I think I was about 14 or 15 years old.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One, being a wizard and swimming down to Phinny on my lunch break to trio him for my crystal staff with a mage and enc friend we were all mid 50's and felt great. Finished Epic shortly after.
This must not have been on this server.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

One time Frotty said she grips the bar of chocolate in her hand, slathers it in PB, then shoves her entire fist into her mouth.

That was my happiest live moment.

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This must not have been on this server.
People have happy moments on this server?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One, being a wizard and swimming down to Phinny on my lunch break to trio him for my crystal staff with a mage and enc friend we were all mid 50's and felt great. Finished Epic shortly after.

also playing on Rathe server the top guild was Blood(brotherhood) of the spider. Being a mid level toon and velious just being released i saw a BoTs member sitting in EC tunnel by shady. Being a curious newbie i wanted to inspect her gear, before i reached her she had logged out and had a bag appear where she was sitting. Heart racing i picked the bag up and to my shock was filled with goodies. Manastone, heiro cloak, coldain gloves/boots and a few others i can't remember. I didn't get the chicks name, never found out if she quit and left this on purpose or if it was a bug, but man it felt great.
Dang, nice !

i used to play on The Rathe also, I was in the guild El'ar Du'bloth or something like that. I remember Legend of Marr, BoTS, Frayed Knot, Tindi Losi... great memories!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

Gm event on tz. Couple gms made lvl 60 skeleton monks with tstaffs and destroyed everyone in the zone (lvl 10+) until 60s were called in. No lie had 200+ people in zone from lvl 10-60 chasing these guys down. Once all were killed, they dropped nothing.
Was just fun watching everyone work together and kill these guys, cause all they were doing was talking shit the whole time while slaughtering everyone until we had enough people.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

For me it was the first day. Friends at work told me about EQ and omg I had to try it. I had not done any gaming in about 5 years at that point and did not know an MMO from shineola. So I finally broke down and bought the game. After a couple of months I found myself bored on a Sunday and decided to install it. Made a HIE Wiz and XP'd around the entrance to Felwithe. There would be the occasional player running in and out of Felwithe but other than that I saw no one and just soloed until I was level 2.

Then I decided to see where the path led that went away from Felwithe. When I crested a hill and Kelethin came into view I could see tons of players XPing and all kinds of spell effects going off and it was at that moment that I knew. I knew I was screwed... I was floored by the whole idea once I was able to see it in action and I was sold. That was in 1998...
Old 08-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Most memorable back in the day for me was tanking Naggy for the first time on my Warrior after attending ~10 or so pickup raids previously, and winning CoF on the same raid. I'd rolled on it a few times and had zero expectations of winning, it was a huge shock.

On this server... I'd say it was getting Raster. I had been camping it for a few days and when he finally spawned, I had some bad luck on repops and lost the fight, had to FD. Another monk came out of nowhere and started killing Raster while all I could do was sit and watch. I just knew he was going to loot it and /laugh before going on his way, but instead he sent me a tell "loot up" after he was done which made me just about fall out of my seat.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a bit of a troublemaker. Got temporarily banned several times for foul language, FD training and killing a Guide, etc.

Highlight was having my character sent to "jail" which was the kitty cat room underneath Erudin. Nobody knew about the kitty room at the time, and nobody would believe me that I was actually there.
Fav post
Old 08-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Rolling a 100 on Phinny's wizard staff back on live.
Closed Thread