Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Processors

Has anyone ever figured out exactly what processors are fucking up your P99 experience?

I've played with single core 64-bit Athlon processors, Intel Dual core processors, and even Intel i7 processors and have never experienced any problems at all.

Maybe it's Vista and dual cores?

I've never used Vista, but I've ran P99 on XP and 7 with these processors.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uterus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone ever figured out exactly what processors are fucking up your P99 experience?

I've played with single core 64-bit Athlon processors, Intel Dual core processors, and even Intel i7 processors and have never experienced any problems at all.

Maybe it's Vista and dual cores?

I've never used Vista, but I've ran P99 on XP and 7 with these processors.
I've had no issues with intel processors, however I did have some with dual core AMDs on windows 7 64 bit.

I wrote a program that will fix any issues no matter how many cores or what brand CPU it is. Ofcourse it's pointless to use on single core CPUs tho. Check my signature for the link. It let's you do some other stuff too like change login screen and loading screens and you can install ui that I made with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Chrushev; 02-28-2011 at 05:20 AM..
Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

The "problem" is pretty noticeable if you have it. It's like perma-lag in every zone.

Too bad Windows won't let you set a specific exe to always bind to just 1 core :-\. Only way I know is to bind affinity every time you load up the game.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Any CPU that can downclock itself (speedstep etc) when not in full use has problems with EQ.

You can get around that sometimes by using WinEQ, or by opening an extra client in the background.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Aviak

If speedstepping is an issue and you have some PC experience you can turn that off in the BIOS. It can be named a few different things based on the motherboard manufacturer, but it is quite easy. I know for AMD processors it's called Cool n Quiet. GL!

P.S. This is a common practice for people that OC their processors because speedstepping can cause instability issues with an OC'ed machine.
Last edited by Marrhault; 03-02-2011 at 08:57 PM..