Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gonna post before someone posts that no longer plays and wants his 2cents in
Got me!

Thing is, I'm very familiar with the stock eqemu formulae, but it's very modified here.

I'm still assuming (also based on experience playing a warrior) that AC is super important. Hybrids also (should) have lower AC softcaps than warriors, although if it's anything like live it's hard to notice until Velious when item AC values become absolutely insane (like 80 AC on weapons and shit).

A simplified version of the stock code is that if your AC > mob's ATK then you are nearly invincible, but if your AC < mob's ATK you get raped. I'm assuming the p99 code is a bit more refined so that every mob you fight doesn't have some magic AC value you need to not get boned. But still, I'm assuming it's similar.

Unfortunately this doesn't help the question at all, but I'm just sharing some knowledge. On some servers that set mob ATK way higher than you could feasibly get your AC to, HP would be more useful.

In short, my methodology is to stack my AC as high as possible. But you just have to have good sense in choosing gear. For example, I'd much rather use a 5 AC 55 HP ring vs. a 10 AC ring. 110 HP is gonna absorb a hit or two, whereas I'm not sure if 10 raw AC would provide a similar benefit. Thankfully, Kunark class armor is very high in AC.

From experience, AC deficits are very noticeable. A tank who is a couple/few hundred AC behind an equal level tank is going to visibly take much more abuse, more so than any amount of HP gear currently available could make up for.

Just strike a good balance and be intelligent about gear choice. With only 2 expansions, there usually aren't a whole lot of options fortunately, which makes picking the better piece of gear easier.

lol wut
Last edited by Mardur; 09-12-2011 at 11:40 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Well this is from the wiki guide for warriors

Mathematically, the formula could be expressed this way: An items combat value (CV) is equal to its AC, plus one for every 1pt of Str, 15 HP, 6 Dex, 6 Agi, and 5 Sta. I also add one to its CV for every 1% haste increase.
CV = AC + Str + (total of hp, dex, agi, sta, and save bonuses) + % haste.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm very familiar with the stock eqemu formulae, but it's very modified here.
Most of the PEQ stock, which almost all emu servers use, is largely made of vague guesses and/or code from much later on. I'm guessing the devs here have rewritten practically everything by now.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Well...Having played a war on live thru PoP, what separated us from the Knights was Def Disc.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well...Having played a war on live thru PoP, what separated us from the Knights was Def Disc.
Defensive was definitely class-defining, but the extra +hp warriors tended to have over other classes every level gain was significant as well. Even non-Ogre Warrior races had a noticeable amount more HP gain per-level than any of the Knight classes.
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Old 09-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

ac wow few dmg less when a mob is double attacking or even quading on you... ac doesnt matter if you dont got no hp :P
Last edited by Juugox2; 09-12-2011 at 03:30 PM..
Closed Thread