Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow I really like it. But you must be bored to hell.
[[ Not really, for people like me I enjoy writing a RP scenario / story just as much as I do logging into EQ and playing. It's just a hobby, like EQ is to you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ]]

Brother Hayle shouts, 'All hail Aegnarion, wielder of Soulfire!'

Follow my Adventures through Norrath!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Aviak

Enjoyed immensely. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Large Rat

Awesome work Sarkhan, looking forward to reading the others!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegnarion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[[ Not really, for people like me I enjoy writing a RP scenario / story just as much as I do logging into EQ and playing. It's just a hobby, like EQ is to you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ]]
[[ I'm a little curious what these brackets are all about. Am I supposed to read your posts in a robot voice or something? ]]
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Aviak

[[ it indicates I am talking out of character, so if you ever see me post without these brackets, it is not me as a player talking it is infact Aegnarion himself ]]

Brother Hayle shouts, 'All hail Aegnarion, wielder of Soulfire!'

Follow my Adventures through Norrath!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[[ I'm a little curious what these brackets are all about. Am I supposed to read your posts in a robot voice or something? ]]
Immersion
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Bump! Part. 3 is up on the first page of thread

Been away from EQ for about a month but realized I have an ongoing thread so here is an update. Part 3!
Hopefully I'll get part 4 up sooner than the last update heh.
Last edited by Sarkhan; 12-11-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Bump! With recent threads about RP guilds I figured perhaps there are some people that might still be interested in some stories.... Here is part 4.

-------------------------~<0>~-------------------------
Watching from high up at a presumably safe distance the dark elf melted back into the trees figuring safe was not quite safe enough. Though new to the continent of Kunark, Tydel found it much to his liking. Everywhere he turned another race was fighting for territory, food or mere survival giving the Tier’Dal more than enough entertainment. Hatred flowed in every corner of this continent and with it, Tydel.

Tydel had found the elven camp two weeks past and after following the camp through the wilderness of Kunark - always at a distance - he was just about ready to dawn an illusion and introduce himself in hopes of receiving safe passage back to the Firiona Vie outpost where he would settle to learn all he could about the pitiful light skinned elves and why they too were now on Kunark so soon after the outpost of Overthere had been established. Unfortunately for Tydel the camp had been ambushed and ransacked by the savage lizards, infuriating his ever present hatred.

After two solid days and nights of constant travel, Tydel had nearly exhausted his supply of potions and worried he may not be able to keep pace with the lizards when they had finally set camp. Though Tydel had never really encountered the Iksar before, after the slaughter of the camp he was in no rush to do anything foolish, rather he had decided to test their strengths and knowledge of magic which appeared to be better than expected from a lizard.

Rejected, despised, treated with contempt, spurned. Kunark was where Tydel would find the glory of his god whereas Neriak held nothing but contempt for those who did not receive the favor of the Queen. The clerics were priests of their prince of Hate, the shadowknights their knights. Necromancers were held high in Tier’Dal society and even the magic-dumb warriors found favor in their Queen’s eyes as they were considered the Shield and first defense against the enemies of Neriak. The Spurned however were scoffed at, for why would any dark elf choose ignore necromancy which was considered a gift from Innoruuk.

Though few would agree with Tydel, he viewed the art of illusions and magics of the mind as Innoruuk’s true gift. The Dead keeping Neriak stable, perhaps the Spurned were meant to travel Norrath and bring a hatred to the world that can only come from being hated by even your own race.

The iksars were on the move again. Seeing through the eyes of frogloks, Tydel knew that the elves of Firiona Vie were in pursuit, but the iksars were gaining ground while the elves were straying off course. Though close enough, the main force of the elves were lagging behind and only the forward scouts were really close enough to catch the iksars before they made it back to Cabilis. Turning away from the iksars, he made for the scouts.
-------------------------~<0>~-------------------------

“Lawen! Over here, come quick I need help!” ,Shouted Tuviane. The elven scout knelt down and began immediately to bandage the wounds on the semi-conscious half-elf as he lay on the forest floor. By the time Lawen had arrived so had many others of the scouting party.

“I found him here, I think he’ll be alright but he hasn’t said anything yet” explained Tuviane.

With a cough and a groan the half-elf cut in “Quick, you must help” he pleaded
“We were attacked by a group of lizards, I they took my friend and left me for dead. He’s a wizard and I think I heard them say they were going to use him for his teleportation. Please, you have to help him!”

The half-elf pointed into the thick woods towards the swamp and after some confusion and quizzical looks he finally convinced the elves that it was the true direction of the iksars. They argued with him at first, thinking he must be concussed as no footprints or any traces of iksars led in any direction from him, but the half-elf insisted that the lizards must be hiding their trail.

“Lawen, you and Willian take him back to the others – they’ll have better healers there, nothing I am doing is working on his wounds.” Tuviane ordered, “We have to go ahead and make sure we catch the lizards before they port out of here”

The party left in a hurry, sure to gain ground on the iksars and hopefully slow them down enough so that the rest of the elves could catch up and seek their revenge.

“Are you okay to move? We have to –“ Lawen began but stopped mid-sentence as confusion crinkled her face. As she looked down on the half-elf, his wounds were fading and under his breath he whispered words that soon began to weigh heavily on Lawen as if those barely audible words themselves were wrapping around her throat, asphyxiating her.

Willian heard the sounds behind him as he was cutting a path through the ferns and turned back to hear words which were obviously a spell being muttered. Before him the half-elf - who minutes ago lay close to death - stood, illusions of wounds and even skin colour changed as the elf quickly took on a darker form. Willian threw his dagger but only hit a glancing cut on the dark elf as magics knocked him back into a tree. His mind raced and panicked as he couldn’t find control of his thoughts but none of it mattered when two swords held up by an invisible being pierced clean through his heart.

Standing over the dead elf, the Tier’Dal’s form shimmered and soon looked identical to corpse at his feet. With a grin, he headed for the main force to ensure that they will find the iksar raiders and even more of their dead companions.
Last edited by Sarkhan; 08-03-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Woohoo, now this is the EQ I remember. More please!
Closed Thread