Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Kobold

Default How about geographically defined teams?

I'm just bored right now so I figured I'd post yet another teams suggestion for you guys to rip apart.

Three teams not based on good vs. evil or Gods or faction but simply based on which starting cities are closest to each other. Basically it revolves around an assumed conflict between Qeynos and Freeport. You could make up some story excuse for that if needed I suppose.

Ok so say that Sir Luclin of Freeport borrowed Antonious Bales hedge clippers one day. After a few months Bale asked for them back but Luclin claimed he had already returned them. Naturally this escalated into full blown warfare.

The barbarians and Erudites began assisting Qeynos because they had mutual support treaties or some such and thus the western alliance was formed. Because of this the war was going badly for Freeport. In desperation Freeport made a pact with the dark elves. The dark elves brought the ogres and trolls into the pact. The citizens of Freeport were uneasy about this but couldn't be picky at this point and so the Eastern Antonica alliance came to be.

The formation of this Eastern alliance scared the crap out of the Halflings who had hoped to remain neutral. With this new development they decided to join the Western alliance rather than be the weak power between two strong powers and they certainly wouldn't join an alliance with dark elves.

Meanwhile the races of Faydwer concluded they had better form their own alliance rather then be picked off one by one and so they created the Faydwer alliance.

So there it is. Three teams with humans split between two of them. Humans who start in Qeynos in the Western alliance and humans starting in Freeport in the Eastern alliance.

So you have:

Western alliance---Humans and half elves of Qeynos / surefall glade, Erudites, Barbarians, halflings.

Eastern alliance---Humans and half elves of Freeport, Dark elves, Trolls, Ogres.

Faydwer alliance---Dwarfs, High elves, Woodelves, Gnomes. Half elves if they can start in Kelethin...I can't remember.

Ok so the Qeynos team gets every class. The Freeport team lacks only druids and rangers. The Faydwer team lacks only monks and shadowknights (edit--and shamans).

I suppose you could allow players starting in Surefall to chose between the Qeynos and Freeport teams and then the Freeport team would have druids and rangers.

Fixing the missing classes from the Faydwer team is harder and would require non-classicness. Gnome shadowknights? Wood elf monks?

I dunno. The main appeal of the for me is that it gives each team a localized stronghold on the map. You know, this is OUR territory kind of thing.

Discuss.

Edit: I forgot Iksar. See later posts for my thoughts on that.
Last edited by One Tin Soldier; 11-16-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Kobold

I like this.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like this.
Yay!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

cool, let's f over faydwer.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool, let's f over faydwer.
Explain please.

Also, I forgot the lizards. I don't know what to do with the lizards. Maybe let's just not even have Iksars. Never did like 'em.

Oh, or maybe let them join any of the three teams.

Stupid lizards...messing up my cool idea.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Fay team needs monks and shaman
Old 11-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Also the idea of teams leveling unfettered i.e. the fay team going the usual cb->ur gauntlet without ANY pvp interference is kind of.. blue. Unless you get 40 of your closest friends to breach the Kaladim docks from freeport like its fucking Normandy, it isn't really fostering competition.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

fay team would get fucked. the Good team on sullon had fay. All we had was Mistmoore. Evils controled guk, and Sro, like they do in this scenario.. so they get Jboots and manastones while Faydwer gets.................. hooded black cloaks.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

I mean it might work.

Risk is set up like this and its fun as fuck.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Project Manager

I mentioned a rudimentary version of this with only 2 teams.. just to see if it had ever been considered. Not necessarily even suggesting we do it, but anyways here ya go.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...116528&page=46

3 teams gives even more possibilities.
Closed Thread