Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the idea of teams leveling unfettered i.e. the fay team going the usual cb->ur gauntlet without ANY pvp interference is kind of.. blue. Unless you get 40 of your closest friends to breach the Kaladim docks from freeport like its fucking Normandy, it isn't really fostering competition.
This actually happened on Vallon Zek one of the first days it was up and it was hilarious to see. Ogres dying on the Butcherblock docks en masse.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Banned

didnt read but i bet its a fucking terrible idea
Old 11-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

3 teams > 2 teams
Last edited by Lowlife; 11-16-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This actually happened on Vallon Zek one of the first days it was up and it was hilarious to see. Ogres dying on the Butcherblock docks en masse.
lololol
Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Thinking some more about the Iksar whom I somehow completely forgot in my original post.

Allowing the Iksar to join any of the three teams would solve the missing classes problem for the Faydwar team. It might also help to prevent the Freeport (dark team) from totally dominating Kunark if the lizards were split up. But it would be pretty rough for young Iksars starting out in the chaos of having three teams in one home city.

Alternatively the Iksar could simply be added to the Faydwar team. Roleplay excuse would be that the Faydwar alliance hired them as mercinaries or something like that. This would help prevent the Freeport team from dominating Kunark but it almost seems like the Faydwar team would be getting a bit too much now. Five races entirely for that team compared to the other teams getting three of their own and splitting humans.
Last edited by One Tin Soldier; 11-16-2013 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mentioned a rudimentary version of this with only 2 teams.. just to see if it had ever been considered. Not necessarily even suggesting we do it, but anyways here ya go.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...116528&page=46

3 teams gives even more possibilities.
Ah, well you know I'm kind of hit-and-miss on these boards so I miss a lot of stuff. Didn't realize anyone else had suggested something like this previously.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

If every race/class combo can't choose the team they want to join, server will be horrible. Even item loot won't save it.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Every race join any team can I get demon hunter class on this custom.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the idea of teams leveling unfettered i.e. the fay team going the usual cb->ur gauntlet without ANY pvp interference is kind of.. blue. Unless you get 40 of your closest friends to breach the Kaladim docks from freeport like its fucking Normandy, it isn't really fostering competition.
I see your point and I'll admit that some of the best fun I had on Sullon Zek was the newby wars in Blackburrow between neutral and good team. But is it that big a deal?

You won't get many battles between level 1-10 people but by the time you start getting up around the high teens the Qeynos and Freeport teams are going to start bumping into each other a lot out there in the karanas and commons. Also, for the classes who can bind themselves, they will start showing up in enemy territory as soon as they can cast bind. They will bind in some safe spot and then go looking for trouble.

Once druids and wizards start getting their group port spells incursions into enemy territory are much easier.

Hmm, the Faydwar team will be most isolated until group teleports are easy to come by. After that the Qeynos territory will seem more remote.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see your point and I'll admit that some of the best fun I had on Sullon Zek was the newby wars in Blackburrow between neutral and good team. But is it that big a deal?

You won't get many battles between level 1-10 people but by the time you start getting up around the high teens the Qeynos and Freeport teams are going to start bumping into each other a lot out there in the karanas and commons. Also, for the classes who can bind themselves, they will start showing up in enemy territory as soon as they can cast bind. They will bind in some safe spot and then go looking for trouble.

Once druids and wizards start getting their group port spells incursions into enemy territory are much easier.

Hmm, the Faydwar team will be most isolated until group teleports are easy to come by. After that the Qeynos territory will seem more remote.
I almost want to roll a human JUST for the launch blackburrow experience again
Closed Thread