Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually kinda reminds me of capital requirements impact how banks lend money - ie impacts their ability to create it out of thin air.

Given your proposed system if a guild gets a CoF with 20 points, that could theoretically translate into up to 1,048,576 CoFs with 1 durability point.

Could say a lot more, but will just leave it at the fact that a lot of these ideas getting kicked around don't remind me much of EQ.
I'm not exactly a math wiz but are you taking into account the fact that all items lose a point of durability each time the owner is killed? And the slot to copy is randomly selected and can be an empty slot (meaning no copy for that kill). And when items reach 0 durability they poof.

Also, more than one item on a person can poof when he is killed. If all his stuff has one point of durability when he is killed then all of it is destroyed.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

so are u goin to create, balance, code, test, and implement a custom durability system?
Old 11-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredschnarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't read DGAF
you talking about your posts? hehehe
Old 11-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so are u goin to create, balance, code, test, and implement a custom durability system?
Well obviously not and apparently this is falling very flat. That's fine, it doesn't hurt my feelings if people don't like it, it was just a thought.

It did occur to me, however, that there is a much simpler way to do it that would ensure there wouldn't be a glut of copycat items floating around.

Original items looted from mobs have, say, 10 durability. Let's use a helm as an example. Ok, someone kills you, the loot system selects your helm. Your helm loses 1 point of durability. A copycat helm is created for the person who killed you which only has 1 point of durability. Copies cannot themselves be copied. Copies will lose their one point (and be destroyed) if you die for any reason, killed by another player or a mob.

So ten, basically temporary helms, could be created from the original. The last time would destroy the original.

This gives those hard to obtain original items a little security buffer before you lose them. Basically you have to lose them 10 times before they are actually gone. It lets the killer get something as a reward but it's a zero sum game so it can't create a huge quantity of copycat items.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Any duplicate items are bad items.
Closed Thread