Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Default Size of game window

Ok I'm sure this is a stupid question but as always I'm clueless with computer stuff. I don't even know if it's correct to call it the "game window".

Alright, when I start up the game the (for lack of a better term) game window doesn't fill my monitor. Well ok I assume part of the reason for this is because I have a widescreen monitor and those didn't exist back in the day. But it doesn't even reach to the top and bottom of the screen.

This hasn't been a big problem for me but just recently a friend of mine got set up and started a new character and his monitor is bigger than mine and the..uh..game window on his monitor only takes up about half the space on his screen. So, naturally, he would like to enlarge it.

The thing is he's even more clueless about this stuff than I am (if you can believe that). So after trying some searches here and not finding anything that helps I thought I'd just go ahead and ask if anyone can tell me how to enlarge the game window (or whatever the heck it's supposed to be called).

I tried changing the resolution in the game options and that doesn't seem to have any effect at all.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Kobold

IIRC EQ supported up to a 1280x800 res (Maybe a tier or 2 higher)

Best solution? Set your desktop reso to the same reso as the EQ client (Run eqgame.exe click options, next past the race features and you'll see the reso EQ is at).

Hurray EQ fits your full screen now.

Least that's what I did for my box I play on, miss my 1600x900 reso though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Kobold

You can also try Alt+Enter to make it full screen, Alt+ Enter to make it back to the window size it normally is.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

EQ supports my 1920x1080 rez (looks FANTASTIC on my 42" tv) it was in the drop-down in the EQ button options under screen resolution. Make sure you have the driver for your exact monitor installed and EQ should detect it.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Kobold

Ok, getting this figured out. I got the game window to enlarge but then everything was pretty blurry. Especially the text. I changed the text font size and that helped but, I don't know, I almost think it was better the way it was before.

Oh and thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ supports my 1920x1080 rez (looks FANTASTIC on my 42" tv) it was in the drop-down in the EQ button options under screen resolution. Make sure you have the driver for your exact monitor installed and EQ should detect it.
Maybe that was my issue. My video card and monitor got along just grand so I didn't bother with monitor drivers.

I'll have to look into that.