Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They still haven't crawled NToV as they admitted to pulling more than half the dragons to the entrance lmfao. Perhaps you should stop settling for half measures... when did I bitch about CSG not crawling during the last ban?

I mean you weren't even there yet are still claiming some kind of credit for it. Sit back down
I could have sworn you made some remarks about CSG not crawling, but in all honesty it could have been someone like Henrique and I'm misremembering, apologize if so.

Regardless, I don't exactly follow your logic. If you crawl to get to a camp in any zone, aren't you crawling to get there and fighting? Never seen a claim to a FULL crawl where all named are downed at their spawn points.

Even so, if CSG did only crawl to half and pulled half, and you are claiming they DIDN'T crawl... well then they didn't pull either, then did they? Cause they didn't pull all 14 dragons.

And true I wasn't there, as weren't most people in this thread. I know Sadiki gives me credit for inspiring him and the rest of CSG, but it really is undeserved. I am happy my guild crawled to a target in NToV, thrilled actually, so I will defend their accomplishment no doubt. If anything I was pessimistic that they wouldn't and even made comments as such in a few other threads. Very happy to be proven wrong.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh really? What wing is he in?
North has been defined on this server as aary and everything past his pit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could have sworn you made some remarks about CSG not crawling, but in all honesty it could have been someone like Henrique and I'm misremembering, apologize if so.

Regardless, I don't exactly follow your logic. If you crawl to get to a camp in any zone, aren't you crawling to get there and fighting? Never seen a claim to a FULL crawl where all named are downed at their spawn points.

Even so, if CSG did only crawl to half and pulled half, and you are claiming they DIDN'T crawl... well then they didn't pull either, then did they? Cause they didn't pull all 14 dragons.

And true I wasn't there, as weren't most people in this thread. I know Sadiki gives me credit for inspiring him and the rest of CSG, but it really is undeserved. I am happy my guild crawled to a target in NToV, thrilled actually, so I will defend their accomplishment no doubt. If anything I was pessimistic that they wouldn't and even made comments as such in a few other threads. Very happy to be proven wrong.

When you claim they crawled NToV but admit to not clearing everything it isn't actually crawling the entire thing now is it? However I dot see anyone claiming they "partially crawled NToV". This is also 2 years after the first people already "crawled" NToV on this server so I am not sure why it even matters.

Making excuses about learning fights in regards to dragons that were killed opening day of velious is also just an excuse. I guess slowing and having a CH chain is difficult for some. LTK sure was impressive a couple weeks ago...
Old 11-08-2017, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's sort of like that, only replace cocaine with an 18 year old elf sim, and instead of being rich and powerful, he's just a socially inept goon trying to pick fights with strangers on the internet.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
North has been defined on this server as aary and everything past his pit....

When you claim they crawled NToV but admit to not clearing everything it isn't actually crawling the entire thing now is it? However I dot see anyone claiming they "partially crawled NToV". This is also 2 years after the first people already "crawled" NToV on this server so I am not sure why it even matters.

Making excuses about learning fights in regards to dragons that were killed opening day of velious is also just an excuse. I guess slowing and having a CH chain is difficult for some. LTK sure was impressive a couple weeks ago...
Maybe you should double check the thread title for the word "entire" and then think about why you look like an idiot with a hard-on for CSG.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:15 AM
Kobold

Does any of this actually matter yet? I still can't tell. Someone tell me what I should be feeling.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

> Try to troll trolls
> Your friends all show up and get trolled

sigh
Old 11-08-2017, 02:37 AM
Kobold

Friends? Woah, woah, woah. Let's not get crazy here.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

did we come to a decision on whether it was a crawl or not?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Kobold

I know this is RnF but for those interested, I'll just post my best summary of this weekend.

It took us like 5 hours from Aary spot to Vulak's death, walking on Koi, Lady M and twins. It was the first time ever for most stepping in this zone so far. We didn't know some very simple mechanics skilled monks must have mastered for years. Our pulling team learnt a lot. We had to be slow and careful. We didn't wipe at all until after Vulak.We killed a lot of trash, many of the flurrys, got nice loot on those. We gained automatism and off tanking skills to the limit. Our crew managed a train of 5 trash+1flurry. Might seem easy to an experienced raider, but to us it was fantastic !
We managed to kill all the dragons in NTov on the first try but Vyemm. Even lady M whose fight was pathetic and badly managed (early pull, unprepared tank, badly positioned crew, the whole failure bingo). Vulak was a loooong fight. Some clerics announced 40% mana at... 92%.
The triplet split I was scared about was actually really easy. The longest was probably the crossing split north of Vulak. Lots of mobs, not so easy to break LoS.
Ruffel did actually play the Spin around song during Lady N. Was a fun moment.
I dreaded Zlexak poison like Hoshkar's and it was actually very simple and automatic to avoid using LoS. He went down quite slowly, but surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would hate crawling NToV each week. Hell even once a month would suck.

Skipping trash and solo pulling dragons the moment they spawn is the reason P99 is fun. Add that in with another guild doing the same thing. Makes for good times. Sure we step on eachothers toes every so often hence this suspension, but at the end of the day, you guys got to enjoy some old school NToV crawl. enjoy some pixels, and enjoy some raiding you dont normally do. And us A/A members got to level alts or play other games

seems like a win win situation to me

more pictures of the CSG clear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crawling NToV isn't that bad fifepal. But I tend to agree, Velious raids blow. WTB Luclin.

If it's a win/win situation maybe you should rotate it with the casuals and let them do this shit once a month while you herpderp pull Kreizenn to zoneline at 3AM the other three weeks of the month.

I would really NOT do it every week. It was a lot of fun for once though.
Fifield I find your post amidst this RnF nonsense, very refreshing. If I had to do this every week I definitely would pull to entrance. If I had to compete, I'd definitely make it so I get FTE and walk on the competitor. I wouldn't want to spend more time than needed in this zone.
Like you, I find this is a win-win situation. It's just a bit sad it has to be forced on you guys. I'd be happy if you left us 1 week of the quarter, hence about 4 out of the 52+2*12=76 cycles.

We got some kind of non written non binding agreement with PS and the rest of the server : we don't touch Kunark or WToV, Dain, Velk, Yeli. We eventually killed Yeli because they couldn't. I believe this made lots of players happy. I think they are still learning VP and we don't interfere there. There is definitely in this case a trickle down effect.

Were this pixels undeserved because we didn't have to compete against another guild ? Maybe, I don't know. We had to compete against ourselves. We still wipe on Trak. So... You never know with CSG. We had to not train ourselves, not ninja afk all the time, respect the chain, follow when asked, chain rebuff, spend consumables, manage people in the need to go for a while but wanting to come back... All this things you don't have to manage when you simply pull for the literally hundredth time to zone in to an over geared crew of seasoned knowledgeable raiders.
Do you guys ever had to manage a hidden factionned afk rogue in the corned you're supposed to tank, preventing the tank to actually position correctly ? This is the kind of shit we are dealing with in CSG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read that we spend more time than some and can't be considered casuals because of the play time. Hmmm maybe those don't have kids. Try to do something by yourself. Now do it with a kid. We have lots of kids in our guilds we need to teach. So everything is more difficult, takes more time. Some of us play a lot, probably more than some A/A neckbeards. But everytime we do something, we have to teach the newcomers. We always have those guys getting lost at LDC when we go for Nagafen. I don't think we haven't had to rescue some guy falling in the trap to Vox on one attempt. We are CSG, we are noobs. We deal with it.

As for the loots, they mostly sucked and now I understand why the pixel lusty guys really NEED their dose. Lol at the double robe on Dagarn. Lol at Poison+Runed tear on Doze when you know you get him twice a year. Mask of fall on Aary. Mask and 2h on Eashen. 11/24 weapon on Jorlleag... We still got the DS Trident, Kreizen flame, 2x Horn on Neve. Orb of confusion but most of the loot is somehow disappointing.
Yesterday on Statue we got a Reaver. I'm not kidding, just a single Reaver.
I was delusional, thinking you could get lots of shinies during a clear. It's not true. Especially when you have to spread the 5 interesting loots amongst 80 people.
Hopefully, we got lots of Ancient armor drops, that was cool. Like a full set of each almost.

All in all, very nice moment. I'd like to do this a few times a year.

PS : Oh yeah, forgot : RnF. A little troll is mandatory :
It felt good to spend so much time in game for so little result. Felt like real classic EQ. The day I don't have the 16h to play on a saturday night, I'll join A/A to just have to log for 10 mins each time and get 10 times the loots putting not half the effort into it. For the moment, I'm way too hardcore to join A/A.

PPS : If that's not a crawl, I don't know what is :
Closed Thread