Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Kobold

https://imgur.com/a/uGnhG
Old 11-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would really NOT do it every week. It was a lot of fun for once though.
Restating my point from earlier: the reason there's so much competition at the high end is because *this stuff is too easily pulled and thus trivialized*.

It's supposed to be a pain in the ass to clear. This discourages doing it every week and hogging the zone.

Staff could hit two birds with one stone here and mandate crawling North. It's self regulating. The boredom and burnout that sets in will regulate the end game here.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Restating my point from earlier: the reason there's so much competition at the high end is because *this stuff is too easily pulled and thus trivialized*.
Well, I wouldn't exactly call that easy - easier than it should be, sure, but I think anything short of impossible is too easy when it comes to conveyor-belting NToV dragons to the zone in, effectively immiserating any unfortunate soul who happens to zone in mid-fight. Easy to the neckbeard who's done it a thousand times, sure, but it's still a difficult thing to learn for the few people who have to do it. That's the convenience of A/A's wholly unclassic method - it puts all the work on a few key playmakers while the rest of the raid waits to stare at dragon butt and push a button every 10 seconds or so. Crawling raises the level of difficulty for the entire raid so that every single person needs to be on their A-game. A rising tide lifting all boats would be an appropriate analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The boredom and burnout that sets in will regulate the end game here.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Large Rat

Even though I missed 90% of the weekend, I had damn fun and I'm convinced it was the most fun many of us had in a long time.

Well written Ssouky. I disarmed picked the reaver from the ground btw so technically it wasn't even looted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Happy to be part of this even just the little bit I had time to join. This thread kinda saddens me a bit though but there are some shinies in here as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssouky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CSG Crawl Confirmed!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The boredom and burnout that sets in will regulate the end game here.
https://youtu.be/JL--TkrtLrU?t=13

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I wouldn't exactly call that easy - easier than it should be, sure, but I think anything short of impossible is too easy when it comes to conveyor-belting NToV dragons to the zone in, effectively immiserating any unfortunate soul who happens to zone in mid-fight.

Easy to the neckbeard who's done it a thousand times, sure, but it's still a difficult thing to learn for the few people who have to do it.

That's the convenience of A/A's wholly unclassic method - it puts all the work on a few key playmakers while the rest of the raid waits to stare at dragon butt and push a button every 10 seconds or so.

Crawling raises the level of difficulty for the entire raid so that every single person needs to be on their A-game. A rising tide lifting all boats would be an appropriate analogy.
This was an awesome way to explain the present raiding phenomenon on P99 regarding the dragons.

I fixed it for you Paul, by adding space inbetween your sentences as it was way too bunched up!

Besides that, perfect explanation and I loved the part about conveyor belting dragons. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

It's supposed to be a pain in the ass to clear. This discourages doing it every week and hogging the zone.

Staff could hit two birds with one stone here and mandate crawling North. It's self regulating. The boredom and burnout that sets in will regulate the end game here.
A rule forcing a crawl or setting names dragons to have a short leash/tether would do the trick.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpal_raddish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Friends? Woah, woah, woah. Let's not get crazy here.
Nice me too
Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Root99, introduce Vulak ring, launch Luclin.

You've got yourself a thriving server. People grinding AAs, doing tradeskills, making Solstice earrings, camping Emperor and VT keys, raiding the Deep, Akhevan Ruins, Ssra Temple, Sanctus Seru, Vex Thal.

This is what P99 needs. Not another year of Velious with dragons pull the entrance Week after week. Instead Shei Vinitras permarooted, spawning death adds, punishing zergs.
Closed Thread